Davidson seeks an experienced professional with a track record of accomplishments for the role of Strategic Initiative and Campaign Manager. This position will manage key fundraising initiatives for Davidson College. Responsibilities include managing relationships and projects critical to the success of the current campaign and future fundraising efforts. The role will collaborate with campus leaders, volunteers, and prospects to develop and implement strategic approaches to philanthropic opportunities. This position will also supervise the administrative assistant in the Office of Development. Travel is required in this role.
- Manage strategic initiatives and operations of the current campaign. Includes management of the campaign committee, events, and messaging.
- Coordinate reporting on key campaign performance indicators. Analyze trends to recognize strategic opportunities and optimize fundraising for institutional priorities.
- Lead fundraising efforts for projects identified as institutional priorities. Responsibilities will include fundraising plan and messaging development and coordinating the activities of gift officers managing relationships with prospects capable of supporting those projects and preparing traveling staff to meet the goals of each effort.
- Manage philanthropic relationships with approximately 70+ alumni, parents, and friends. This includes qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects at the appropriate time to meet fundraising goals of the College.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects or assignments related to the campaign. Serve as a senior member of the development team.
Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree. Excellent communication skills and a minimum of three years related experience. Strong history of follow-up and attention to detail. Fundraising experience with a record of successfully inspiring philanthropy is preferred.
To apply for this position please visit the Davidson job opportunities website at: http://employment.davidson.edu Attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.