Assistant Director of Alumni and Family Engagement
Job no: 492667
Department: Alumni and Family Engagement
The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement in the division of College Relations seeks applications for an Assistant Director who will coordinate engagement opportunities for young alumni, including Homecoming and programming for three Reunion classes and who will manage regional volunteers. This position reports to the Associate Director of Alumni and Family Engagement.
- Coordinate and assess volunteer, digital and event-based engagement opportunities for our millennial alumni population (graduation dates between 2002 and 2017). Working with the Associate Director, oversee targeted communications to these alumni.
- Serve as the volunteer manager for three Reunion Weekend classes (5th, 10th, and 15th). Collaborate with class volunteers and other Alumni and Family Engagement and Annual Giving staff members to plan specific aspects of Reunion Weekend for alumni in these classes, including the service project and post-reunion survey.
- Manage alumni regional volunteers who schedule, plan and execute chapter gatherings for approximately 50 chapters nationwide. Identify and recruit new leadership as needed. Manage Davidson Volunteer Week, monitor and encourage social media activity within chapters, and oversee the alumni chapter budget. Staff college-sponsored regional events across the country.
- Assist Associate Director with general alumni and family engagement efforts related to career networking and digital engagement, including social media.
- Serve as the Alumni and Family Engagement liaison to the athletic department and the Davidson Athletic Fund.
- Coordinate fall Homecoming Weekend, including strategic decisions about event offerings targeting young alumni, logistical planning in coordination with College Relations staff and campus partners, and outcomes assessment.
- Assist colleagues with student engagement efforts as needed.
- Participate fully in the activities of the Alumni and Family Engagement team, the College Relations division, and the college. Responsibilities include budget management, program assessment, alumni data management, assistance with the Alumni Association Board, help with Reunion Weekend, and participation in committees.
Physical /Environmental Demands:
Office environment. Ability to spend days working primarily at a desk while manipulating a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other typical office equipment. Work hours fall between 8:30 - 5:00 pm. Regular travel to alumni events around the country (average of 10-15 trips per year) Most trips are two days and require one overnight; some multiple-city trips require more time. Some trips may be scheduled on short notice. Some night and evening on campus work event is required, engaging in direct and close communication with alumni and friends of the college.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage a high volume of projects with competing deadlines
- Strong desire and ability to work effectively with persons from diverse generational, religious, racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Comfort in a Web-based software environment, proficiency in basic Microsoft programs (such as Excel and Word) and the willingness and ability to learn new software platforms
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of and experience with social media with an understanding of its role in community-building
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education, alumni and/or constituent relations, volunteer management, public relations, event planning, nonprofit administration and/or related fields.
- Flexibility and adaptability, especially in working collaboratively as part of a team
- High degree of personal initiative
- Superior attention to detail while also understanding big-picture program development
- Understanding of Davidson College and an appreciation of the liberal arts experience
Review of Applications:
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Apply by Monday, December 18. Candidates are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter.
Davidson College is a highly selective, independent liberal arts college located in Davidson, North Carolina, that has graduated 23 Rhodes Scholars and is consistently ranked in the top ten liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, members of minority groups, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend