Job no: 492822
Department: Center for Career Development
Davidson College seeks a dynamic professional to join the Center for Career Development (CCD), a team committed to providing student-centered career exploration and career management programs and services. The CCD strives to be a national leader in career development by providing students hands on support at a liberal arts college. This growing and innovative team is dedicated to working collaboratively, with each other and the student body, and partners with various campus offices and external stakeholders to provide the best-in-class support and direction for our students. The successful candidate will have a keen understanding of career development and student learning, a strong commitment to the liberal arts, and demonstrated skills engaging stakeholders through highly effective communications and programming.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides one-on-one student advising through our all-day “walk-in” service, on assigned days, to a diverse student body at all stages of career exploration and professional development, across all fields of interest.
- Coaches current students and recent alumni in career planning and preparation activities including: career exploration consultations; internship and research opportunities; job and fellowship applications; mock interviews; job shadowing; and graduate school searches.
- Supports and presents multiple career-related events, workshops and classroom presentations each semester on topics related to job and internship search strategies and the career development process.
- Under advisement, regularly evaluates and updates online career resources on platforms such as Handshake and CCD website, in addition to workshop materials and collateral.
- Builds and maintains a strong knowledge of campus resources and events, cross-promoting through multiple marketing and social media channels and student engagement.
- Captures significant communications and data through a variety of channels including office-specific tracking systems and a Client Relationship Management (CRM) system. Maintains excellent constituent records, per departmental protocols.
- Demonstrates excellence in professional communication at all times through e-mail, telephone and face-to-face communication with all stakeholders.
- Fully participates in office planning and team development activities to support the overall CCD function, including weekly staff meetings and regular 1-1 meetings with the supervisor. Serve as back-up for front-desk coverage when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree required, master's degree preferred
- Experience in higher education career development, human resources, alumni relations, recruiting, executive search, talent development, student services or a related field required
- Demonstrated success in career advising, professional development preparation, advising or counseling for undergraduate students preferred
- Excellent relationship management, coaching and influencing skills
- Professional oral, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to engage student body and successfully develop relationships to support their career success
- Advanced technology skills, particularly knowledge of MS Office suite and social media platforms; Handshake experience a plus
- Able to fulfill some evening and weekend duties as assigned
If interested in applying for this position, please complete the online application at http://employment.davidson.edu and include a resume and cover letter. Review of applications will begin on August 29th.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend