Data Records Specialist
Job no: 492874
Department: Advancement Operation
The Data Records Specialist will be part of a four-member Advancement Services team reporting to the Director of Advancement Services. Working with a high volume of data from a variety of sources, this position will assist with the following – maintaining database records for alumni, parents, friends, corporations and foundations, reviewing and processing online and mailed-in event registrations, reviewing and processing of individual, corporate and foundation gifts and pledges. All entry is done in accordance with College Relations business practices and completed within the established time frame.
Key responsibilities are shared within cross-functional entry team.
Database Record Maintenance
- Maintain and update individual and organization records in Blackbaud CRM database based on data from a variety of sources including online updates, emails, data files and returned mail. Updates include the following.
- Contact information
- Employment information
- Name changes
- Marital updates
- Education updates
- Adding relationships between records (i.e. children, siblings, organization contact)
- Deceased constituents
- Create new individual and organization records.
- Utilize online address finder as a tool to locate updated contact information.
- Assist with data integrity/record cleanup projects.
- Respond to and/or refer biographical related data questions from staff and constituents.
- Review new event forms and update event activity log.
- Review online event registrations, match registrants with database records or create new records, download and process registration batches.
- Review and enter event registrations received via paper form or data file.
- Update individual registration changes, additions and cancelations.
- Review biographical updates received with registrations and update database records as needed.
- Update new records created through event registration to meet data entry standards.
- Process event registration fees and/or refunds.
- Resolve and/or refer questions related to individual registrations as needed.
- Sort and group gifts received through mail and in person. Update gift log with daily counts.
- Working with a variety of contribution payment types (stock transactions, checks, wire transfers, credit cards and others) from different sources (online, mail, data files and others), review each contribution to identify donor intent and enter gift/pledge in Blackbaud CRM database.
- Compare biographical data from the related transactions and update database records as needed.
- Generate gift receipts and pledge installment reminders. Review supporting documentation to ensure accuracy.
- Review and prepare matching gift forms for verification. Monitor matching gift/employee giving program vendor portals to confirm gift receipt and/or download gift donation details.
- Process revenue adjustments and refunds.
- Respond to and/or refer revenue transaction related inquiries from staff and donors.
Proven data entry skills. Speed and accuracy are essential.
Comfortable with repetitive detailed work
Ability to use sound judgement and maintain confidentiality
Ability to work well under pressure especially during high volume periods
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to manage multiple and competing priorities
Experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
High School diploma or GED
Associate's or Bachelor's degree
2 or more years of data entry experience, preferably in a fundraising environment
Experience with Blackbaud CRM
To apply: Please go to http://employment.davidson.edu and complete the online application along with a cover letter and resume. Deadline for application submission is Friday, November 16th.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend