Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Job no: 492968
Department: Annual Giving
This position reports to the Director of Annual Giving. Responsibilities include managing all aspects of the reunion giving program and contributing to the overall operational strategy of The Fund for Davidson. This position manages the 35th-60th reunion class chairs and committees, develops communication and marketing materials for the reunion class gift, and manages 150 prospects and volunteers through the stages of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship. This person is responsible for completing 50-75 meaningful interactions with reunion prospects and for coordination with the Offices of Major Gifts, Planned Giving and Alumni and Family Engagement.
- Reunion strategy: Develop the overall fundraising strategy for the 5th-60th Reunions at Davidson. Facilitate cross-office collaboration opportunities for fundraisers to use reunion giving as a tool for increased funds for the college.
- Volunteer Management: In conjunction with the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement, identify, recruit, train and manage reunion chairs and committee members for the 35th-60th Reunions. Manage Class Ambassadors from the Classes of 1970-1985. Plan, moderate and provide follow-up for volunteer calls and meetings. Regularly provide updated fundraising information, statistics, and strategy to reunion committee members. Provide direction to other reunion volunteer managers.
- Communications and Marketing Materials: Develop all external reunion publications to increase dollars and participation among reunion classes, including but not limited to: individual class solicitation letters and emails; overview documents; marketing materials; challenge gift materials; social media and web site updates.
- Direct Solicitation: Make 50 face-to-face visits annually with reunion year constituents for cultivation, solicitation and/or stewardship purposes. Maintain a precise record of donor contacts in the BlackBaud CRM prospect management system and prepare timely call reports. This position makes 100+ contacts per week in June to ensure Davidson’s maintains one of the highest alumni participation rates in the country.
- Recurring Giving: Develop a strategy for engagement, stewardship and growth of Davidson's recurring giving program.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least one year of experience in development or volunteer management, preferably a higher education environment or similar background
- Interest and experience in data analysis and solicitation strategies
- Attention to detail and volunteer management experience
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and CRM database navigation
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects at once
- Proven record of collaboration
- Flexibility and adaptability, particularly while working with a team
- High degree of personal initiative
- Excellent communication skills
- Organizational skills
If interested in applying, please go to http://employment.davidson.edu and submit an online application along with a resume and cover letter. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend