Cybersecurity and IT Operations Fellow
Job no: 492995
Department: T&I - Core Services
Are you interested in technology’s role in our modern world and organizations? Want to help Davidson secure T&I technological future? Davidson is looking for someone like you. We’re seeking a smart, fast-thinking, creative alum from the Classes of 2018 or 2019 for a one year fellowship in cybersecurity and IT operations, offering a chance to make a real impact at the college. The projects you’ll work on and the skills you will build are good preparation for future jobs in consulting, or for graduate study in law, business or technology fields. Plus, you’ll get valuable exposure to cybersecurity, one of today’s hottest career fields.
Some interest and experience in technology or IT could be a plus, but we don’t expect you to have programming skills or a computer science background. All majors are encouraged to apply!
If you have some serious tech chops already, we’ll work with you to help grow your skills during the fellowship. If not, this fellowship could also be a great fit for an alum with interests in law, business, or public policy, or an alum who is interested in tackling a number of projects that combine qualitative and quantitative analysis.
So what do we want you to work on?
- T&I and our external partners monitor our systems for security risks affecting our systems, accounts and networks -- you’ll support these processes, working directly and with colleagues inside and outside T&I to prioritize, track and ensure resolution of issues (~30%)
- You’ll assist T&I’s Support Center in directly assessing and responding to potential security threats as they come in, and by working at the Support Center with students, faculty and staff on these and other issues when needed (~25%)
- You’ll help T&I develop and deliver training and consulting to students, staff, and faculty on IT security best practices -- you’ll teach the campus how to protect their privacy and Davidson data (~15%)
- You’ll collect and analyze data about T&I security and operational metrics by building everything from reports to big-data dashboards for staff and leadership (~10%)
- And, you’ll help out with a range of security projects to help improve our operations while gaining real-world project management skills (~20%)
By the end of this fellowship, you will have helped improve Davidson’s IT infrastructure and improved our internal operating effectiveness. This will make for great experience in your next professional or academic adventures!
What are we looking for?
- Intellect, drive, and a passion for making technology at Davidson better
- The ability to learn quickly -- we’ll help you learn how technology systems are designed and integrated, and we want you to use that knowledge every day in the role
- Someone who loves working with people -- developing policies requires great interpersonal skills, the ability to listen critically, to negotiate, and to build strong working relationships
- Great communications skills -- help us build a security message that resonates across Davidson
- An aptitude for problem solving -- that is, broadly the ability to understand how disparate elements in complex systems interact
- A love for Davidson -- help Davidson protect T&I systems, people, data and reputation.
This is a one-year position under the standard terms of the Davidson Fellows program with the possibility of a second year. Please submit an online application to http://employment.davidson.edu along with a resume and cover letter.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend