Director of Planned Giving
Job no: H00059
Department: Planned Gifts
The Director of Planned Giving will oversee the College’s planned giving program. The position is a leadership role within the Development team responsible for expanding philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents, and friends of Davidson. Responsibilities include developing and implementing strategies to promote charitable activity through estate planning vehicles, tangible personal property, and other complex arrangements. The Director will work with donors and colleagues to increase awareness of giving options and considerations to inspire strategic plans in support of priorities at Davidson College.
- Lead all aspects of the planned giving program. Provide strategic vision and leadership contributing to the successful completion of key campus fundraising initiatives. Set goals in consultation with the AVP for Development, develop and implement effective plans, and monitor activity and progress toward goals. Collaborate with other Development departments to identify opportunities and inspire consideration of planned giving options.
- Develop effective strategies to proactively build awareness of planned giving options and the resources provided by the Office of Planned Giving to prospective donors.
- Develop personal philanthropic relationships with potential planned giving donors. Personally manage approximately 125 donor relationships, designing and implementing strategies for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Collaborate with gift officer colleagues, educating on giving opportunities and providing support throughout complex gift conversations.
- Oversee stewardship of existing planned giving commitments and management of gift distributions.
- Oversee one staff member. Manage department budget and records. Serve as a senior member of the development team and participate in various projects, events or assignments to support broad engagement and fundraising goals of Davidson.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Excellent communication skills and a minimum of five years related experience. Experience with sophisticated financial and legal concepts preferred. Fundraising experience with a record of successfully inspiring philanthropy is also preferred. Ability to travel required.
If interested, please apply online at http://employment.davidson.edu including a cover letter and resume with the application.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend