Director of Principal Gifts - Internal Only
Job no: 493076
Internal Posting Only - This is currently only available to regular Davidson College employees
The Director of Principal Gifts will oversee a program to engage, solicit, and steward prospects with high capacity to personally support the aspirations of Davidson College. The position is a leadership role within the Development team and will work closely with colleagues across campus, including the Office of the President. Responsibilities include developing and continually enhancing the internal structure for planning and prospect strategy development, developing the present and future prospect pipeline, managing a portfolio of individual prospects, and increasing seven- and eight-figure gift support.
- Develop and lead strategic initiatives to engage and steward current and future prospects capable of giving over $1 million. Set goals in consultation with the Associate Vice President for Development, monitor effectiveness and continually seek new opportunities for effective connections with top prospects.
- Develop and coordinate strategies and steps for principal prospects in consultation with prospect managers. Includes leading regular strategy sessions, coordinating tasks and briefings with the Office of the President, Vice President for College Relations, Associate Vice President for Development, and other gift officers and members of the senior leadership team of the college.
- Manage the pipeline of principal prospects. Requires short and long term outlook and consideration of current and future institutional priorities. Collaboration with colleagues will be essential.
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 20 prospects. Personally cultivate, solicit, and steward assigned prospects.
- Participate in various projects, events and/or assignments to support broad engagement and fundraising goals of Davidson.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of eight years of fundraising experience. Ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues. Excellent communications skills, strong organization and follow-up skills, and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will start this position around January 2020. Please submit an application along with a cover letter and resume to http://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend