Job no: 493081
Department: Alumni and Family Engagement
Admin 2 (Office Manager)
The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement seeks applications for an office manager (Admin II) to greet guests, maintain the budget, supervise the upkeep of the Nancy O. Blackwell Alumni House, research alumni and family contact information and support the work of the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement (part of the Division of College Relations).
- Establishes, updates and maintains the operating budget for the department and Reunion Weekend. Processes business invoices, reimbursements, interdepartmental transfers, and staff credit card transactions. Maintains oversight of all account lines. Reviews yearly expenses and suggests changes for the next fiscal year budget.
- Warmly greets visitors and manages all incoming communications from the general public with courtesy and efficiency. Provides alumni and faculty with alumni contact information while maintaining college privacy standards. Records all interactions in database.
- Supports the work of the Director of Alumni and Family Engagement, Associate Director of On Campus Engagement and Assistant Director of Identity Engagement. Provides substantial support for the logistical preparations of the Alumni Association Board (AAB). Prepares correspondence, files, manuals, minutes and logistical details for numerous meetings and conference calls within the AAB. Creates on-line ballot and tracks annual voting for new AAB executive board members and Alumni Trustees.
- Assists with Reunion weekend by co-managing the Welcome Center, updating Reunion website, registering guests, processing payments, resolving discrepancies with registration payments, and keeping accurate records of late registrants for meal counts. Coordinates Reunion mailings.
- Manages all physical mailings and mailing lists. In coordination with Assistant Director, prepares and mails condolence letters.
- Supervises the physical upkeep of the Nancy O. Blackwell House. Initiates and provides oversight of maintenance and repairs of the house. Informs the Alumni and Family Engagement Director of issues with the physical upkeep and presence of the house. Serves as Building Captain and implements safety practices with Alumni and Family Engagement staff and guests.
- Supervises work-study students in Alumni and Family Engagement. Hires and manages the work of the students.
- Researches alumni and family addresses, relationships, naming constructs and occupations. Records new information when received. Updates interactions and volunteer lists in CRM for a variety of staff members.
- Participates fully in the activities of the Alumni and Family Engagement team, the College Relations department and Davidson College.
Physical /Environmental Demands:
Office environment. Ability to spend days working primarily at a desk while manipulating a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other typical office equipment. Work hours fall between 8:30-5:00pm. On several occasions during the year (Reunion, Homecoming, and other special on-campus events) work is required during the weekend or in the evening at a busy Welcome Center, engaging in direct and close communication with alumni and friends of the college.
- High School Diploma (Associates degree or higher preferred)
- At least three years of work experience with secretarial, clerical, and/or customer service-related experience.
- Experience with and commitment to providing excellent customer service especially with persons from diverse generational, religious, racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word and Excel at an intermediate level or higher. Must possess basic mathematics skills.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Demonstrated ability with oral and written communication skills accompanied by a professional demeanor.
- Basic accounting skills especially with Excel spreadsheets in managing financial data and experience with budget work.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in an active office. Ability to analyze problems and determine effective improvement strategies.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Organizational, research and planning skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability especially in working collaboratively as part of a team. Willing to accept additional assignments and assist other team members as necessary.
- A knowledge of, experience with, and ability to navigate a constituent database.
- Comfort in a Web-based software environment and information technology and the ability to learn new software platforms.
- Experience in higher education environment or complex nonprofit is preferred.
Review of Applications:
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Apply by July 15 for fullest consideration. Candidates are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend