Major Gifts Officer
Job no: 493083
Department: Major Gifts
Davidson College seeks an experienced development professional to join its dynamic major gifts team. Candidates should possess a track record of successful relationship management and a demonstrated ability to close philanthropic commitments of $50,000 or more. Major Gifts Officers at Davidson manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective and current donors and are deployed throughout the United States. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents and friends of Davidson to expand major gift support.
- Develop and manage productive philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making commitments of $50,000 or more.
- Using the Blackbaud CRM system develop and maintain individualized prospect engagement and solicitation plans based on individual donor interests.
- Travel regularly to assigned territories.
- Conduct a minimum of 144 personal visits annually with major gift prospects.
- Establish and meet measurable annual goals for major gift proposal activity.
- Efficiently manage travel logistics and expenses.
- Serve as a development liaison to a specific area of the college assigned by the director and serve as a subject matter expert for that area.
- Maintain a complete record of all donor interactions using the Blackbaud CRM system.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years experience in development or closely related field (e.g., sales or marketing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives
The position will remain open until filled. Preliminary interviews will begin in mid-August. Submit an online application with a cover letter and resume at http://email@example.com by August 9, 2019.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend