Head Cheerleading Coach
Job no: 493146
Department: Athletics - Administration
Davidson College seeks a Head Cheerleading Coach who will be responsible for the planning, training, and development of the Davidson cheerleading program. The Head Coach will work in conjunction with the Athletics Marketing Department and will report directly to the Assistant Athletic Director for Marketing & Licensing.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop a cheerleading program to include choreography, cheers, stunts, and gymnastics.
- Plan and coordinate all tryouts for team and mascots: including recruitment, advertising, physical clearance, and scheduling of space.
- Schedule and attend tryouts and practices for team – ensure that space is secured through the Athletics scheduling coordinator.
- Maintain a calendar of practices and events including but not limited to the team’s presence and support at all Football, Men’s Basketball, and Women’s Basketball home games, and support all applicable postseason tournaments.
- Effectively communicate with team and Athletics staff, including but not limited to confirming routines and submitting music selections to a member of Athletics at least 48 hours before game time.
- Maintain and update rosters and emergency contact information of all team members.
- Maintain knowledge of, and uphold AACAA, NCAA, Atlantic 10 Cheerleading rules and regulations such as safety, certification, etc.
- Coordinate mascot appearances, and work with the mascot on crowd engagement
- Continually make the best efforts to engage the crowd and foster a fan-friendly, energetic atmosphere at home events.
- Manage the team budget, and responsible for team fundraising activities.
- Must be able to lift more than 50 pound objects, bending, and standing.
- Required Experience
- Candidate must have knowledge of Cheerleading and NCAA policies. Prior coaching experience is preferred.
- First aid, CPR, and appropriate Cheer certifications required, including but not limited to certification through the American Association of Cheerleading Coaches and Administrators (AACAA).
- Ability to interact effectively with a diverse student population.
- Ability to effectively communicate with students, staff, and administration.
- Available in late afternoon and evenings for practices and games, as well as, other varied weekends for games, tournaments, and competitions. Must be flexible with availability.
- College Cheerleading experience preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
All interested applicants will need to go to https://employment.davidson.edu and complete the online application along with a cover letter and resume. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend