Davidson College has an immediate opportunity for a Cashier in its Dining Service operation.
Vail Commons is the primary dining facility on campus, serving three meals per day, including weekends, for the students, guests, staff, faculty, and summer programs of the College.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule. The dining hall schedules staff according to the needs of the students, summer programs and various events. Work schedules are not fixed as they rotate from week to week. Evening and weekend shifts are mandatory. The facility operates on a reduced schedule in the summer and is generally closed during holiday breaks. Therefore there are periods of down time when work is not available. Examples of these include winter holiday break and spring break.
Basic Function –
Work as cashier during meal hours. Accept payment from each customer in the forms of meal plan cards, Dining Dollars, Declining Balance, credit card and cash.
Essential Function –
Duties include, but are not limited to –
- Work as cashier during meal periods
- Greet each guest in a friendly accommodating manner
- Accept payment in the forms of Meal Plan, Dining Dollars, Declining Balance, Departmental charges, credit cards and cash.
- Balance cash drawer before and after each meal and complete cashier report
- Assist customers with questions or direction as needed
- Assist with table reservations for groups in Vail Commons
- Maintain an awareness level in the dining room of folks as they come and go and any ongoing activities.
- Work a serving station when cashier overlap scheduling occurs.
- Clean dining room area, assist serve or plate food, other duties as assigned.
- Work with Much Ado Catering as needed.
Kitchen environment with exposure to sharp utensils, stoves, ovens, fryers, steam tables & dishwashing equipment; ability to lift 20-50 pounds; exposure to hot/cold areas, hazardous chemicals or cleaning solutions & danger of slippery floors or work areas. Position requires evening and weekend work as scheduled.
High school degree or equivalent. Excellent people and customer service skills as well as cash handling experience. Requires good organizational skills, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. Must have good judgment and problem solving skills.
If interested, please complete an online application at https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.