C2i Assistant Director/Fellow
Job no: 493802
Department: Educational Studies
The College Crisis Initiative (C2i) at Davidson College seeks an energetic and hard-working Fellow to serve as Assistant Director to help professionalize and expand the reach of the initiative. The Assistant Director will help build out processes to ensure the long-term stability of the initiative and manage a team of student data collectors. Working with the founding director, the Fellow will manage day-to-day operations of the Initiative.
- Collaborate with faculty, staff and students at Davidson and around the country on research projects related to college and university responses to crises, including but not limited to racial inequity, environmental disasters, the COVID-19 Pandemic, and campus infrastructure issues.
- Manage a team of 30+ student data collectors, including facilitating the hiring and payment of those individuals.
- Identify, assess, and improve management and data collection processes for C2i.
- Assist with research requests, media (including social media) production, and presentations to potential donors and other external audiences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collaborative spirit and energetic approach to research and social impact.
- Familiarity with or willingness to learn research and data management methods.
- Demonstrated interest in education policy
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with students, staff, and faculty
- Attention to detail and strong writing skills
- Bachelor’s degree
Desired (but not required) Qualifications:
- Member of the Davidson College Class of 2020 or 2021
- Experience working with the College Crisis Initiative at Davidson College
- Background or interest in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives
- Knowledge of quantitative research methods, specifically econometric methods
- Experience copy-editing and managing the publication process
The Davidson Impact Fellowship program is a highly selective program designed to give graduating students significant professional experiences in nonprofit organizations at the beginning of their careers. Ideal candidates are those seniors who are dedicated to tackling critical community issues through nonprofit work and who have a history of relevant academic or professional experiences. The fellowship positions are one year in length.
Davidson is strongly committed to achieving excellence and cultural diversity, and welcomes applications from women, people of color, and others who would bring additional dimensions to the college's mission.
This is a 12-month position with the possibility of renewal for an additional 12 months. The position will be available July 1, 2021. Deadline to apply is May 6th. Please apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu and include a cover letter and resume.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend