Director of Gift Planning
Job no: 493833
Department: Planned Gifts
The Director of Gift Planning will be responsible for strengthening philanthropic support of Davidson by expanding awareness of charitable gift planning opportunities. Davidson seeks a strong collaborator who is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and antiracism with astute judgment and financial orientation to lead all aspects of the gift planning program. This includes marketing, relationship building and management, and technical consultation. If you possess these skills, a strong work ethic, and an interest in inspiring the next generation of leaders in our world, please do not hesitate to apply.
- Lead all aspects of the gift planning program. Provide strategic vision and leadership contributing to the successful completion of key campus fundraising initiatives. Set goals in consultation with the AVP for Development, develop and implement effective plans, and monitor activity and progress toward goals. Collaborate with other Development departments to identify opportunities and inspire consideration of gift planning options.
- Build philanthropic relationships with potential planned giving donors. Manage a group of prospects independently and collaborate with colleagues across the division to design and implement strategic plans for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Develop effective strategies to proactively build awareness of planned giving options and the resources provided by the Office of Gift Planning to prospective donors.
- Steward existing planned giving commitments and management of gift distributions.
- Supervise one staff member. Manage department budget and records. Serve as a senior member of the development team and participate in various projects, events or assignments to support broad engagement and fundraising goals of Davidson.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of three years of related experience required. Requires familiarity with sophisticated financial, legal, and philanthropic concepts. Fundraising experience with a record of successfully inspiring philanthropy is also preferred.
To apply for this position please visit the Davidson website at: https://employment.davidson.edu and submit an online application, with a resume and cover letter. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend