Dining Services Temporary Associate - Vail Commons
Job no: 494522
Department: Dining Services
The temporary Dining Services Associate provides general support to the operation of the main dining facility, Vail Commons.
The work includes preparing and serving food to order. The associate is also responsible for cleaning equipment, serving, and dining areas, washing, and storing dishes and pans used during meal service. During the academic year, the dining locations operate seven days per week for the students, guests, staff, and faculty.
- Good guest service skills, good communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work a flexible schedule. The dining location schedules according to the needs of the students and various events. Work schedules are not fixed as they rotate from week to week.
- Food Handler certified or certification required within 30 days of employment.
- High school / GED Diploma.
- Knowledge of safe food handling and standard and sanitation practices.
- Food service experience preferred, but not required.
- Guest service experience preferred, but not required.
- Prepares and serves food according to guest's specifications.
- Rings orders accurately by using the point-of-sale system.
- Receives meal plan, cash and credit card payments and issue receipts or change due to guest, responsible for overages and shortages, accuracy, and security.
- Addresses guests’ needs and concerns as they relate to cash handling and order preparation.
- Serves food or works dish room during the meal hour.
- Prepares assigned work area for meal service.
- Assists with restocking of service areas as needed.
- Cleans the dining facility which includes sweeping, mopping, taking trash to dumpster and cleaning restrooms.
- Assist with catered events as scheduled.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor or manager.
- Pulling / Pushing
- Repetitive Movement
- Confined Spaces
- Dust / Fumes
- Indoor Temperature Extremes
Lifting Required: 25 pounds
Travel Required: Less than 5 %
Night and Weekend Work Required: Yes
Seasonal Responsibilities: Throughout the academic year there are periods of down time when work is not available. Examples of these include winter break and spring break.
- Tiered shift differential pays for evenings and weekends
- Meals are included during the employee’s normal work hours
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions and worldviews, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, veteran status, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend