Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Job no: 493249
Department: Annual Giving
The Assistant Director of Annual Giving joins with other members of the department in meeting The Fund for Davidson dollar and participation goals. The Assistant Director is specifically charged with providing significant support to alumni volunteers and developing strategy for digital engagement. In addition, this position manages approximately 125 donor and volunteer prospects through the stages of stewardship, cultivation and solicitation.
- Class Volunteer Management: Identify, recruit, train and manage Fund for Davidson volunteers from Generation X (Classes of 1986-2003), including Class Ambassadors, Reunion Gift Chairs, and Reunion Committees, for the purpose of creating class affinity, engagement, and reaching class participation and dollar goals. Plan, prepare for, hold and follow-up from volunteer calls and meetings. Devise and execute fundraising strategies for each class and regularly provide updated fundraising information statistics to volunteers through the year.
- Student Philanthropy Associates: Hire, train and manage student employees (Student Philanthropy Associates) who serve as Ambassadors for The Fund for Davidson. Projects may include solicitation and stewardship calls, campus education and programming, authoring written solicitations and thank you messages, and special projects as assigned. Manage summer calling program.
- Digital Engagement Mediums: Spearhead all efforts around crowdfunding and the volunteer management system partnership with GiveCampus. Manage campus and volunteer partnerships for each project/campaign, orchestrate communication efforts, and serve as direct liaison to GiveCampus. Utilize EverTrue license to develop comprehensive digital engagement and solicitation strategies for individual prospects and identified segments of the Davidson alumni body. Investigate new technologies for consideration in overall Fund for Davidson strategies.
- Direct Solicitation: Conduct 50 individual meetings with donors annually (with emphasis on leadership donors) for cultivation, solicitation, and/or stewardship purposes. Maintain a precise record of donor contacts through the prospect management system and prepare timely call reports. Complete all necessary computer work and written reports to track prospects. This position makes 100+ contacts per week in June to ensure Davidson’s maintains one of the highest alumni participation rates in the country.
- Data Analysis: Design and execute data-driven metrics to evaluate the reach and return for all annual giving strategies. Manage the establishment of baseline analysis for all annual giving solicitations and engagement efforts. Work with the Director and other members of the Annual Giving teams to identify trends as they develop.
- Faculty & Staff Giving: Oversee faculty and staff giving with the goal of growing employee participation. Manage Faculty & Staff Chairs, author solicitations and plan employee engagement on campus.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 1 year of development or related experience
- Proficiency in advancement databases and data analysis
- Experience with advancement databases
- Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing
- Flexibility and adaptability, particularly while working with a team
- High degree of personal initiative
Apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu. Please attach a resume and cover letter to your application. This position reports to the Associate Director of Annual Giving.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend