Director of Athletic Development
Job no: 493254
Department: Davidson Athletic Fund
The Director of Athletic Development is responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies in pursuit of Davidson’s aspirations in athletics. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with key supporters capable of making major gifts, overseeing the athletics annual giving program, and leading programs and communications to increase donor engagement. This position currently supervises four positions.
- Lead all aspects of athletic fundraising, including the Davidson Athletic Fund. Provide strategic vision and leadership resulting in the successful completion of key campus fundraising initiatives. Goals will include fundraising for endowment, current-use support, and facility projects. Set goals in consultation with the AVP for Development and Director of Athletics and monitor activity and progress toward goals while providing inspiring and productive support. Coordinate with other development departments to drive athletic fundraising, especially with major gifts officers, the Office of Parent Giving, and the Office of Annual Giving.
- Manage philanthropic relationships with approximately 125 alumni, parents, and friends. This includes qualifying, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding prospects at the appropriate time to meet fundraising goals. Involves extensive travel.
- Lead programs and communications to increase donor engagement and support growth of athletic fundraising. Includes developing strategies for key events, managing prospect movement with gift officers, and a comprehensive messaging plan including mail, email, and social media targeted toward potential supporters of athletics. Extensive coordination with the Director of Athletics, other athletic department administration and coaches and other departments within College Relations, including The Fund for Davidson, major gifts, parents giving, alumni and family engagement, donor relations, special events and communications is essential.
- Serves as a liaison to the Athletics Department. Responsibilities include:
- Meeting regularly with the Director of Athletics to review funding needs for athletic awards, capital needs, operating support, and scholarships.
- Developing and implementing a plan for directing coaches in the process of engaging, cultivating, and stewarding supporters.
- Coordinating the Athletics Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
- Frequently attending athletic competitions.
- Lead and/or participate in various projects and serve as a senior member of the development and athletics team.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of five years fundraising experience with a proven track record of accomplishments, strategic thinking and taking initiative.
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit a resume and cover letter with your application. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend