Fellow - Innovation
Job no: 493270
The Davidson College Fellows Program has an opening for the position of Innovation Fellow. The Fellow works in the Office of the General Counsel, leading institutional change efforts that include student and alumni voices and assisting the Director of Innovation Initiatives in managing the college’s innovation process. S/He oversees an innovation team that supports the development and intake of ideas - to quickly assess their potential, determine where they go next, and give the college and idea owners the supporting evidence to drive them forward.
Graduating seniors or Class of 2019 alumni with an interest in consulting, innovation management, project management, R&D in education, and entrepreneurship in general are encouraged to apply. This position is intended to be a robust gap year(s) experience, with additional professional/career development benefits. This is a regular, full-time, one or two year appointment. Position is salaried. New employee paid by direct deposit to the financial institution of his/her choice.
- Oversee the design and support of projects and pilots as part of Idea Trek and the college’s Incubator (see http://ideas.davidson.edu)
- Serve as an internal innovation consultant for the college community;
- Facilitate design challenges across campus, in support of innovation;
- Manage a ‘sensemaking’ feedback process for discovery and evaluation of innovations
- Lead student and alumni voice initiatives for inclusion in institutional change
- Must be a member of the Davidson College Class of 2020 or 2019.
- Strong problem identification and problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated leadership
- Proficient at research;
- Able to work independently and in collaboration
Preferred Qualifications (desirable, but not necessary)
- Understanding of and experience with design thinking methodology
- Experience with UX (User Experience Design)
- Experience with lean startup methodologies
If interested in applying, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit an online application, along with a cover letter and resume. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend