Visiting Assistant Professor in French and Francophone Studies
Job no: 493364
Department: French and Francophone Studies
The French and Francophone Studies Department at Davidson College invites applications for a three-year Visiting Assistant Professor position to begin July 1, 2020. The successful candidate should be prepared to teach all levels of French language as well as courses in the advanced levels (Introduction to French and Francophone Literature, etc.). An opportunity to teach in the College Writing Program may be a possibility. Teaching load is five courses per year, spread over two semesters. Annual professional travel funding and opportunities for research support are available. Preference will be given to candidates with PhD in hand by August 2020.
- PhD or ABD
- Native or near-native French and English language abilities
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching
- Experience living in a French-speaking country or region is highly desirable
Completed applications and supporting materials must be received at https://employment.davidson.edu
The following materials are required of all applicants:
- Concise cover letter and C.V.,
- Unofficial graduate transcript,
- a brief diversity/inclusivity statement that describes how your teaching, research, and/or service might contribute to Davidson’s institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is to address language teaching specifically (and both of which are to be uploaded directly to the HR site).
Review of applications begins March 23, 2020 and continues until the position is filled. Queries may be directed to Carole Kruger, Acting Chair, French and Francophone Studies Department, email@example.com.
Davidson College is a highly selective, residential, four-year liberal arts college, located 20 miles from Charlotte, NC that is consistently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson faculty members enjoy a low faculty-student ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and outstanding research facilities. A collegial, respectful atmosphere honors academic achievement and integrity, upholds educational excellence, encourages student-faculty collaborative research, and prioritizes inclusive pedagogy.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend