Program Coordinator for Civic Engagement
Job no: 493371
Department: Civic Engagement
Serves as the central staff member in the Lula Bell’s Resource Center. Coordinates stock through donations and shopping of all goods (food, clothing, textbooks, etc.) and tracks use of resources. Advises a student leadership team to plan and implement multiple programs at Lula Bell’s each month and also works on events within the Center for Civic Engagement, specifically “just in time” programming to respond to current events. Creates and maintains publicity materials and publications, as well as social media tools for Lula Bell’s. Oversees the summer pre-orientation Service Odyssey program.
- Manage the physical space in Lula Bell’s and activities within the space. Coordinate collection and orders of items (e.g., food, books, clothes) and display of those items. Interview, schedule and supervise student employees and volunteers to create a safe, clean and fun environment. Create and maintain a tracking system for what resources are utilized. Maintain a programming calendar and communicate with outside speakers or workshop facilitators.
- Coordinate the Summer Service Odyssey pre-orientation program including the recruitment, hiring and training of student trip leaders; recruitment and registration of participants and program assessment. Support and advise trip leaders on logistics, service projects, and reflection activities.
- Develop an annual publicity campaign for Lula Bell’s as a resource and for individual programming that takes place during the year. Create and/or update a resource guide for students. Maintain social media accounts to promote Lula Bell’s as an active and vibrant space while also promoting relevant campus/community events (including giveaways, free food, etc.).
- Attend meetings of the Center for Civic Engagement staff and student life staff development sessions. Serve on working groups and committees as needed. Research and share best practices related to access on college campuses and collaborate with departments and organizations to build upon existing structure.
- Ability to work independently
- Strong written and oral communication
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with civic engagement programming
- Master's degree
Please submit an online application, along with a cover letter and resume to https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin May 1st, and continue until the position is filled.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend