Deliberative Citizenship Initiative Coordinator
Job no: 493373
Department: Political Science
The Coordinator of the Deliberative Citizenship Initiative (DCI) is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and assessment of the initiative’s programs and components. These include efforts to create opportunities for productive dialogue and deliberation in diverse classroom settings, outside of the classroom, and in the community. In order to effectively complement existing programs and initiatives, this position requires regular communication, coordination, and collaboration with relevant offices, departments, and student organizations across campus and within the local community.
Responsibilities include working with the DCI Faculty Director on:
- Coordinating the Deliberation Across the Curriculum Program, Campus Engagement Program, Community Engagement Program, and Deliberation Research and Evaluation Program
- Recruiting, training and managing the Deliberative Citizenship Fellows
- Coordinating the initiative’s Deliberative Citizenship Speaker Series, Deliberative Citizenship Training Workshops, Deliberative Forums and “D” Teams, Deliberative “One-Acts,” and Deliberative Citizenship Conference
- Overseeing the initiative’s website and social media presence
- Developing and awarding deliberative citizenship badges and certifications to participants in the initiative’s activities
- Tracking, assessing, and reporting on initiative progress and outcomes
- Organizing meetings of the initiative’s Co-Conveners and Advisory Council
- Connecting, communicating, and coordinating with relevant faculty members, college offices, and student organizations
- Managing the expenses of the initiative and ensuring that they stay within the allocated budget
- Four-year college degree
- Enthusiasm about providing deliberation opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and community members
- Familiarity with the research and literature on dialogue, deliberation, democracy, and higher education
- Experience working with both student and community organizations
- Experience coordinating complex projects with multiple components
- Participation in dialogue and/or deliberation training programs or related coursework
This is a limited-time 1-year position that will report to the DCI Faculty Director.
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and attach a resume and cover letter with the online application. Review of applications will begin immediately. The position will be available July 1st.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend