Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs
Job no: 493455
Department: Academic Affairs
Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and Dean of Faculty, the Assistant Director of Faculty Affairs provides oversight of faculty data, including the entry of data into the college database (Banner) and providing reports for internal and external audiences. The Assistant Director provides leadership for key events in Academic Affairs and on-boarding and off-boarding faculty members at Davidson College. The Assistant Director also manages office and lab spaces and furniture for Academic Affairs.
- Manages faculty data, including entering faculty data into Banner and producing reports for internal and external audiences, such as IPEDS and the AAUP. Oversees the faculty/staff section of the College Catalog. Manages faculty lists (voting eligible faculty, chairs/program directors, email distribution lists, etc.). Oversees Academic Affairs data entry of faculty/student awards and activities into Blackbaud CRM (used by College Relations).
- Tracks faculty course overloads and reductions, such as sabbatical and other leaves. Tracks salary adjustments due to sabbaticals, reductions, and overloads; communicates information to Human Resources. Manages the Teaching Reward Point program that rewards faculty for independent work with students, including tracking points and administering rewards. Collects materials from faculty (syllabi each semester; CVs and chairs’ State of Department letters annually).
- Manages the Faculty Travel program that provides annual funding to faculty members for travel to conferences and other professional development activities. Also manages the Student Travel Grant program that provides assistance funding to students presenting at conferences. Uploads the reimbursement/invoices to OnBase.
- Manages faculty and staff office spaces in Academic Affairs: assigns office/lab spaces, manages furniture (including furniture stored in the Chambers Attic), ensures spaces are used in accordance with intended purposes, and provides support to outlier spaces (work orders, deliveries, supply management, copiers, etc.).
- Plans key events in Academic Affairs: spring convocation and an annual donor dinner (Batten). Rents and returns academic regalia for faculty.
- Maintains the Faculty Handbook based on guidance from the VPAA, documents on the internal website, and the external Academic Affairs website. Prepares and sends a bi-weekly newsletter to all faculty and staff in Academic Affairs and prepares correspondence on behalf of the VPAA/DoF.
- A bachelor's degree and five years of administrative experience in a higher education setting is required. Experience working with faculty and academic administrators is preferred.
- Significant experience with Banner (or other higher education data management system) and advanced Microsoft Office skills is required
- The ability to be self-motivated, function autonomously, improve processes, and consistently prioritize projects and tasks.
- Strong candidates will have experience managing budgets and working with diverse individuals and will possess excellent organizational skills, great attention to detail, and a customer service orientation. Strong candidates will also be able to manage confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
- Excellent writing, organizational, problem-solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills are required.
Please submit an application, including a resumé, cover letter describing your interest in the position and relevant experiences, and three references by Wednesday, June 3 to https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend