Departmental Coordinator in Academic Affairs
Job no: 493573
Department: Academic Support
The Departmental Coordinator performs a variety of complex office-based tasks in order to support faculty, staff, and students in assigned academic departments. The Department Coordinator’s primary function is assisting the department chairs in the day-to-day operations and budget management for the departments. The departmental coordinator also serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituents.
- Assist chair in the day-to-day operation of departments—Manage and track annual operating budgets, grants, reserve accounts, and special programs through Excel spreadsheets and Banner financial reports; complete projects required by the VPAA and Registrar’s Offices such as fall and spring course scheduling, catalog editing, national searches, tenure process documentation, capital purchases, and other projects requiring extensive coordination; orient new faculty and staff to the department; help plan department social events; greet visitors and coordinate prospective student visits; and take care of general department and building problem-solving and troubleshooting.
- Support the teaching, research, and community service of faculty and staff in the departments--Maintain records for and about faculty, majors, minors, research students, instructional assistants, etc.; seek information, research requests, request spaces and equipment; create, proof, edit, and copy a wide variety of documents; assist with programs and events related to student awards, student research poster sessions, etc.
- Research department purchases, submit capital purchase authorization forms, order office supplies, maintain office equipment, distribute mail.
- Hire, train, supervise, and schedule student employees (both those on financial aid and those hired by the department) as office and teaching assistants; approve online timesheets.
- Coordinate the visits of guest speakers by creating schedules and itineraries, coordinating travel and accommodations, reserving campus spaces, publicizing the events, coordinating technology services and catering, and reimbursing expenses.
- Manage content for outward and inward-facing information tools, e.g., website, coordinating with student workers for newsletters, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Prefer Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience with organization, multitasking, and problem-solving in a dynamic office environment necessary. Experience working in an academic setting would be helpful. Skills sought include organization, service orientation, multi-tasking, project management. Ability to work independently or as part of a team. Working knowledge of typical office machines: computer, copier, printer, fax, scanner, typewriter; Accounting for budget purposes; Intermediate skills preferred in Banner, Internet Explorer, Word, Outlook, Access, PowerPoint, CMS, EMS, etc.
Please submit a completed application, cover letter, and resumé by July 2, 2020 online at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend