Dining Service Worker - Wildcat Den
Job no: 493624
Department: Wildcat Den
Basic Function –
Staff for the day-to-day operation of the Wildcat Den at Baker Sports Complex. This includes the weekday lunchtime service and concessions operation during volleyball and basketball seasons.
Essential Function –
Duties include, but are not limited to –
- Staff the Wildcat Den, making deli sandwiches to order and concessions food.
- Transport necessary supplies from Vail Commons to the Wildcat Den, prep food, and stock work stations.
- Follow proper food handling procedures and standards.
- Cleaning duties as assigned; sweep floors, mop floors, take the trash out, clean, and sanitize work areas.
- Assist with ordering food needed for menu items
- Cashier duties as scheduled, including using point of sale register, credit card, and cash handling.
- Assist with developing features and special menu items to accompany our weekly menu.
- Work the concessions stand during all home basketball games and other events scheduled in Baker Sports Complex.
- Work at Vail Commons as scheduled during times when the Den or concessions in not in operation, including summer.
- Work with Much Ado Catering as needed.
Kitchen environment with exposure to sharp utensils, stoves, ovens, fryers, steam tables & dishwashing equipment; ability to lift 20-50 pounds; exposure to hot/cold areas, hazardous chemicals or cleaning solutions & danger of slippery floors or work areas.
Position requires evening and weekend work as scheduled.
High school diploma or equivalent and experience in a quality food service environment required. Requires good organizational skills, ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. Requires a highly motivated hands-on and committed professional who is a team player and seeks to meet and maintain high unit standards. Must have good judgment and problem-solving skills.
Basic computer skills required, including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, some Excel, and researching on the internet.
Valid Driver's License required to operate college vehicles.
If interested, please apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend