Program Coordinator – Davidson College Advising Corps
Job no: 493638
Department: Civic Engagement
The Program Coordinator will report directory to the Program Director to provide support to administration of the program. The Program Coordinator will initiate and lead several projects to benefit the Davidson College Advising Corps each year, working in tandem with the national office to promote program goals
- Adviser Recruitment and Training –
- Lead effort in developing recruitment calendar each year.
- Lead planning and implementation of 4-week Summer Training; also responsible for coordination and purchase of all items and supplies required for training sessions
- Lead planning and implementation of additional professional in-service trainings with Advisers throughout the year on site at Davidson and at off-site location.
- Lead development of content resources for use by Advisers during training and in their academic setting.
- College Adviser Coaching –
- Assist each Adviser in the development of site-specific strategic work plans and service deliverables in accordance with program and school level goals as determined by the national office
- Regularly visit Advisers in their high schools or virtually to offer advice and counsel, and troubleshoot concerns as necessary
- Design and implement tools to assess advisers’ effectiveness and encourage professional development
- Communicate regularly with advisers, both in person and in writing, regarding program performance measures and data collection, providing appropriate levels of challenge and support specific to individual advisers
- As needed, escalate concerns to Director in order to insure Advisers are on track to meet program and school level goals.
- Evaluation and Assessment –
- Keep current on appropriate data used in managing and evaluating program – such as National Student Clearinghouse, GRACE database, and other relevant sources related to managing and evaluating the Davidson College Advising Corps program.
- Work with Program Director to evaluate all programs offered throughout the year regarding adviser training and program delivery to help improve and enhance program.
- Relationships with partner high school and school districts –
- In collaboration with Director, work with school partners’ Site Facilitators and administrators to create a cooperative environment and resolve issues should they arise.
- Initiate and facilitate meetings, as needed, to create regular opportunities for high schools’ counselors, principals and key administrators to discuss and review the program
- Keep Program Director informed of progress at each school.
- DCAC Communications –
- Oversee all DCAC social media accounts
- Provide regular communication about program to constituent groups as appropriate
- Create opportunities for Alumni Involvement
- AmeriCorps Records –
- Manage all AmeriCorps records, timekeeping, etc. on AmericaLearns platform
- Keep Advisers up to date on their progress of serving required number of hours
- Work with Site Facilitators at individual school to ensure time sheets are being approved.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree and 1-3 years of experience working with high school students from underserved schools and communities. Knowledge of the college application and financial aid process.
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and upload your cover letter and resume with the application. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend