Job no: 493643
Categories: Staff, Temporary
Department: Much Ado Catering
Davidson College seeks a Banquet/Event Captain. The person in this position follows the direction of the Assistant Manager and Catering Manager in supporting all aspects of catered functions, including on and off-campus banquets, meetings, breaks and deliveries. The Banquet/Event Captain services guests and leads and coordinates duties for the part-time, contract and student staff. This is a limited hour temporary position. There are no benefits associated with this role.
-High School Diploma or GED
-Ability to lift and carry minimum 30lbs
-Ability to work a flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend shifts; schedule based on calendar of events
-Minimum of 1 year successful lead/supervisory banquet, restaurant, private club, or off-site catering experience
-A polished, professional who is comfortable with a high volume of customer contact who is able to deliver discreet VIP service.
- a valid driver's license and ability to drive a van or 10' box truck; eligible to operate a college vehicle under our motor pool policy
-Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
-Knowledge of basic dining etiquette and formal dining service
-Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills (understands and speaks English)
A proven track record of
- high productivity with attention to detail
- accuracy while staying organized
- prioritizing and making clear and concise decisions
- maintaining poise under duress
- working effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- working independently or in a large group effectively
- 3 years as lead-server, supervisor or assistant manager in a food service operation
- 1 year or more bartender/bar manager experience
- Hotel food and beverage experience
- Design skills & creativity; including floral design experience
- NC Serve Safe Certificate
- Cooking/Kitchen Experience; Garde Manger or Sommelier experience
- Working knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French, Russian, Family, Butler)
This is not a benefited position with retirement, insurance, or disability coverage.
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit an application with a resume. Review of applications will begin immediately. Pay ranges beginning at $13.20/hr.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend