Assistant Director of Davidson Outdoors
Job no: 493690
Department: College Union
Davidson College seeks a skilled and experienced candidate for Assistant Director for Davidson Outdoors. This dynamic extra-curricular outdoor recreation program relies on well-trained student leaders to provide quality outdoor experiences to the college community. We welcome candidates who possess strong technical skills, field experience and a strong interest in student development, who are ready to help us build a more inclusive and diverse community on campus.
The DO Assistant Director is a year-round position. The AD assists the program Director, staff, student leaders and student employees in delivering a broad range of adventure-based programs. This position will be involved in managing all aspects of the DO program including:
- The summer Odyssey pre-orientation program
- Initial training, supervision and evaluation of up to 60 student leaders and 12 student employees
- Delivery of advanced leader trainings, including rock climbing, paddling skills, backcountry travel, mountain biking and caving
- Field time leading of wilderness trips and local programming during the school year
- Management of the Challenge Course including facilitator training and scheduling, and booking groups
This position will also collaborate with other Student Life offices to promote well-being, inclusion and connection for all members of the campus community.
The job is open until filled. If interested, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit an online application. In addition to the application, please include a separate cover letter, resume, and experience log.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend