Visiting Assistant Professor in French and Francophone Studies
Job no: 493711
Department: French and Francophone Studies
The French and Francophone Studies Department at Davidson College invites applications for a two-year Visiting Assistant Professor position in modern or contemporary French and Francophone Studies to begin July 1, 2021. The successful candidate should be prepared to teach all levels of French language as well as courses in the advanced levels (Introduction to French and Francophone Literature, etc.). An opportunity to teach in the College Writing Program or another program may be a possibility the second year. The teaching load is five courses per year, spread over two semesters. Annual professional travel funding and opportunities for research support are available. Preference will be given to candidates with PhD in hand or very near completion by July 1, 2021.
- PhD or ABD
- Native or near-native French and English
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate teaching
- Experience living in a French-speaking country or region is highly desirable
Completed applications and supporting materials must be received at https://employment.davidson.edu by February 16, 2021.
The following materials are required of all applicants:
- Concise cover letter and C.V.,
- Unofficial graduate transcript,
- Statement of interest in teaching at a liberal arts college with a diverse student body,
- Separate diversity statement outlining how their teaching and research might contribute to Davidson’s institutional commitment to diversity and inclusion,
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which is to address language teaching specifically (You will enter the name/contact information for the references and they will receive a link to upload directly to the site).
Davidson College is a highly selective, residential, four-year liberal arts college, located 20 miles from Charlotte, NC that is consistently ranked among the top liberal arts colleges in the country. Davidson faculty members enjoy a low faculty-student ratio, emphasis on and appreciation of excellence in teaching, and outstanding facilities. A collegial, respectful atmosphere honors academic achievement and integrity, upholds educational excellence, encourages student-faculty collaborative research, and prioritizes inclusive pedagogy.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. To achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff members across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend