Assistant Director of Annual Giving
Job no: 493787
Department: Annual Giving
The Office of Annual Giving at Davidson College invites applications for an Assistant Director of Annual Giving. Responsibilities include leading class and reunion fundraising volunteers and direct management and solicitation of individuals and contributing to the overall operational strategy of The Fund for Davidson. Specifically, this position manages the 35th, 40th, 45th, 55th and 60th reunion class chairs and committees, and manages at least 150 donor prospects and volunteers through the stages of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship. The successful candidate for this position will be motivated by goal oriented work, demonstrate enthusiasm for collaborating with others, and have a commitment to contributing to an antiracist culture. This position reports to the Associate Director of Annual Giving.
- Reunion Class Management: Working with partners from the Office of Alumni and Family Engagement, identify, recruit, train and manage reunion chairs and committee members for the 35th-60th Reunions (excluding the 50th). Assist Associate Director with developing reunion giving strategy, coordinating with other volunteer and prospect managers, and developing volunteer resources, communications and marketing materials to promote the Reunion Class Gift.
- Volunteer Management: Manage Class Ambassadors from the Classes of 1969-1985. Recruit volunteers on an annual basis with a commitment to building a diverse and representative volunteer team. Plan, prepare for, hold and follow-up from volunteer calls and meetings. Regularly provide updated fundraising information, statistics and strategy support to volunteers throughout the year.
- Direct Solicitation and Digital Engagement: Make 50 face-to-face or virtual visits annually to primarily reunion year constituents for cultivation, solicitation and/or stewardship purposes. Maintain a precise record of donor contacts through the Blackbaud CRM prospect management system and prepare timely call reports. Use digital methods including but not limited to email, video, text messaging and virtual gatherings to cultivate, solicit and steward a portfolio of donors. This position makes 100+ contacts per week in June to ensure Davidson’s maintains one of the highest alumni participation rates in the country.
- Take an active role in Annual Giving team responsibilities including program assessment, staffing alumni events, donor outreach and participation in The Fund for Davidson antiracism working group.
Physical /Environmental Demands:
This position takes place in an office environment and requires travel. Ability to spend days working primarily at a desk while manipulating a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other typical office equipment is required. This position can expect regular overnight travel for donor meetings. Some trips may be scheduled on short notice. Some night and evening on campus or virtual work is required, engaging in direct and close communication with alumni and friends of the college.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Desire and ability to work effectively with persons from diverse generational, religious, racial, ethnic and cultural background
- Commitment to the college’s antiracism efforts
- Data management, organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and oversee concurrent programs and priorities simultaneously
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience. Experience in higher education, fundraising, alumni and/or constituent relations, volunteer management, or public relations is preferred but other relevant experience will be considered.
- Experience managing volunteers
- Flexibility and adaptability, especially in working collaboratively as part of a team.
- High degree of personal initiative.
- Superior attention to detail while also understanding big-picture objectives
- appreciation for the role of education on our society.
We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don't hesitate to apply -- we welcome your application.
Review of Applications:
This is a full-time, 12-month position. Candidates are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter with the online application to https://employment.davidson.edu. Application review will begin the week of April 26, 2021.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend