Davidson College invites qualified candidates to apply for the Health Educator position in the Center for Student Health & Well-Being.
Davidson College embraces diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity for all. Our purpose is to assist students in developing humane instincts and disciplined, creative minds for lives of service.
The selected person for the Health Educator position will plan and employ an evidence-based health education program that addresses current health issues for Davidson college students. Providing individual support and resources to students to meet their health education needs (e.g., reproductive health, sexuality issues, sexual violence, addictive disorders, eating disorders, emotional well-being, etc.).
Additionally, the selected individual would also be responsible for the coordination, implementation, and evaluation of sexual violence, substance abuse prevention strategies, and wellness programs. Along with assisting in educating students and student organizations on Title IX laws and College policies with other campus partners.
The Health Education office works closely with Health Services, Nutritional Services, and Counseling Services within the Center for Student Health & Well-Being.
This position will work closely with all of the first-year Orientation programs (Community of Respect, Davidson Close-Up online courses on alcohol and drugs and sexual health and sexual misconduct) and with the training and coordination of all first-year hall presentations. The Health Educator would also supervise the Health Education Associate and the student Health Adviser volunteers.
- Master’s degree in Health Education/Promotion, Public Health, Student Development, or other related fields.
- 4 years of work experience in a college/university environment.
- Knowledge of current evidence-based health promotion practices and theories.
- Ability to facilitate non-traditional programming, including an understanding of Health education issues of diverse populations.
- Comfort around sensitive topics during one-on-one discussions and educational initiatives.
- Ability to collaborate well with student groups, departments within Student Life.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working within a diverse environment as part of a collaborative team and interacting collegially with individuals of different backgrounds.
- Master's degree in public health, with a concentration in health education, with knowledge in developmental psychology, reproductive health, and addictive disorders.
- Familiarity with alcohol and other drug prevention initiatives, sexual assault/violence prevention efforts, bystander theory, and other health and wellness issues relevant to a college population.
- Skilled in planning and public speaking and/or teaching.
To apply, please submit an online application with a cover letter and resume to https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.