Project Coordinator (Part-Time/Temporary)
Job no: 493863
Categories: Staff, Temporary
Department: Alumni and Family Engagement
The Office of Alumni and Family Engagement (AFE) in the division of College Relations seeks applications for an 18-hour/week, two-year project coordinator who will coordinate the “event-in-a-box” chapter program model, manage Davidson Volunteer Week,administer the In Memoriam process and assist with Reunion events. This is a detail-oriented, project management position that will play a significant role in various events and initiatives across the office. All responsibilities of this position reflect the College Relations values of Goal-oriented, Resiliency, Excellence, Antiracist and Teamwork (G.R.E.A.T). This position reports to the associate director of Alumni and Family Engagement.
This is a two-year temporary part-time position.
- Coordinates and implements the “event-in-a box” chapter program model through communication with chapter presidents, creating event registrations and email communications, sending event materials, and tracking event follow-up information.
- Serves as the volunteer manager and main point of contact for chapter presidents around the country.
- Assists the associate director with planning signature chapter events in various cities by helping with logistics, venue research, and communications. No travel will be required.
- Manages Davidson Volunteer Week events and communications in collaboration with chapter service chairs.
- Administers the In Memoriam process by collecting and researching obituaries for deceased members of the Davidson family; circulating deceased notifications and obituaries to College Relations and campus partners; updating and maintaining In Memoriam website
- Partners with data records specialist to ensure database and In Memoriam records are up to date and compiles all of this information into periodic In Memoriam features for College Communications/Davidson Journal.
- Assists with Reunion registrations and logistics as needed.
- Participate as required in the activities of the Alumni and Family Engagement team, the College Relations division, and the college as needed, including team meetings, retreats, and other staff development experiences. Appropriate technology and accommodations will be provided to ensure accessibility at all of these meetings and events.
- Take an active role in Alumni and Family Engagement team responsibilities including budget management, program assessment, fundraising efforts, alumni data management, assistance with the Alumni Association Board, help with Reunion Weekend on campus (required to be in-person for this event), and participation in the AFE DEI committee.
Physical /Environmental Demands:
This position is open to candidates who will live in North Carolina or South Carolina. Depending on the candidate’s location and commuting distance, some remote work may be available, however, we would like for this position to work on campus to some degree each week. On several occasions during the year (reunion events) work is required on campus during the weekend or in the evening.
Ability to spend days working primarily at a desk while manipulating a computer keyboard, mouse, telephone, and other typical office equipment is required. Work hours can be determined upon hire, but must take place between the hours of 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. EST. Hours set should remain consistent throughout the duration of employment with the exception of reunion weeks. Flexibility is available for vacation and sick leave.
- Strong commitment to antiracist and inclusive engagement efforts
- Strong desire and ability to work effectively with persons from diverse generational, religious, racial, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to manage a high volume of projects with competing deadlines
- Comfort in a Web-based software environment, proficiency in basic Microsoft programs (such as Excel and Word) and the willingness and ability to learn new software platforms
- A minimum of one year of relevant experience. The ideal candidate will have professional or volunteer experience in higher education, alumni and/or constituent relations, volunteer management, public relations, event planning, nonprofit administration and/or related fields.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience managing volunteers
- Flexibility and adaptability, especially in working collaboratively as part of a team
- High degree of personal initiative
- Superior attention to detail while also understanding big-picture program development
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and submit the online application with a cover letter and resume. Preference is given to those candidates who apply by July 23rd.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend