The Banquet/Event Captain follows the direction of the Manager in supporting all aspects of catered functions, including on and off-campus banquets, meetings, breaks and deliveries.
-High School Diploma or GED
-Ability to lift and carry minimum 30lbs
-Ability to work a flexible schedule including day, evening and weekend shifts; schedule based on calendar of events
-Minimum of 1 year successful lead/supervisory banquet, restaurant, private club, or off-site catering experience
-A polished, professional who is comfortable with a high volume of customer contact who is able to deliver discreet VIP service.
- a valid driver's license and ability to drive a van or 10' box truck; eligible to operate a college vehicle under our motor pool policy
-Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcoholic beverages
-Knowledge of basic dining etiquette and formal dining service
-Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills
A proven track record of
- high productivity with attention to detail
- accuracy while staying organized
- prioritizing and making clear and concise decisions
- maintaining poise under duress
- working effectively under time constraints and deadlines
- working independently or in a large group effectively
- 3 years as lead-server, supervisor or assistant manager in a food service operation
- 1 year or more bartender/bar manager experience
- Hotel food and beverage experience
- Design skills & creativity; including floral design experience
- NC Serve Safe Certificate
- Cooking/Kitchen Experience; Garde Manger or Sommelier experience
- Working knowledge of various food service styles (i.e., French, Russian, Family, Butler)
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and complete the online application with a resume. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
In this section you can explain to the applicant what the job involves and what they would be doing. This helps the applicant to know if this is the right job for them.
This section would describe your organization highlighting the benefits to the applicant or working for your excellent company!
Come grow with us!