Major Gifts Officer
Job no: 493882
Department: Major Gifts
Davidson College, located approximately 20 miles north of Charlotte near scenic Lake Norman, is consistently regarded as one of the top liberal arts colleges in the nation.
The college seeks an experienced development professional to join its dynamic major gifts team. Candidates should possess a track record of successful relationship management and a demonstrated ability to close significant and complex philanthropic commitments. Major Gifts Officers at Davidson manage a portfolio of approximately 150 prospective and current donors and are deployed throughout the United States. Responsibilities include developing philanthropic relationships with alumni, parents, and friends of Davidson in support of the college’s ambitious fundraising goals.
- Develop and manage productive philanthropic relationships with donors capable of making significant and complex commitments.
- Using the Blackbaud CRM system develop and maintain individualized prospect engagement and solicitation plans based on individual donor interests.
- Travel regularly to assigned regions including Atlanta, Dallas, Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, Upstate South Carolina, and Virginia.
- Conduct a minimum of 144 (12 per month) personal visits annually with major gift prospects.
- Establish and meet measurable annual goals for major gift proposal activity.
- Efficiently manage travel logistics and expenses.
- Serve as a development liaison to a specific area of the college assigned by the director and serve as a subject matter expert for that area.
- Maintain a complete record of all donor interactions using the Blackbaud CRM system.
- Actively engage in the life of the college through attendance at campus events.
- Staff College Relations special events on campus and in regional territories on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum three years experience in development or closely related field (e.g., sales or marketing)
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives
To apply for this position please visit the Davidson website at: https://employment.davidson.edu Interested but unsure about the position? Please apply and give us an opportunity to tell you more, or feel free to connect with the hiring manager, Jeff Prince, on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-prince-7475278
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. To achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend