General Manager - Qdoba
Job no: 493936
Department: Dining Services
Davidson College is requiring new employees hired into jobs posted after August 1, 2021, and all employees with a start date on or later than September 1, 2021, to be vaccinated to help protect the health and safety of our community. New employees will be required to submit proof of at least the first dose of a vaccine on or before their start date and proof of full vaccination no later than 5 weeks after their start date. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
Davidson College Dining Services is looking for a General Manager for our new dining location - Qdoba. The General Manager will be responsible for the overall operation of the unit. They are hands-on and accountable for all aspects of guest service, food quality, cleanliness, safety and sanitation, production, labor, and ensuring all administrative and accounting responsibilities are completed according to policy. The General Manager will lead the team, directing the activities of team members and provide consistent training, coaching, and development. Successful candidates are true people champions, have a passion for fresh, quality, food, and a dedication to providing the highest level of guest service.
Staffing / Personnel Management
- Work with the supervisors and provide leadership to the team of Dining Service Associates and student associates.
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and scheduling the team of associates
- Coach employees by creating a shared understanding about what needs to be achieved and how to execute. Reward and recognize employees
- Executes employee warnings, yearly performance evaluations, and terminations. Completes and approves all necessary payroll entries for each associate.
- Effectively delegate duties thru supervisors and associates.
Food Production Management
- Manage the ordering, receiving and storage of food and food related items.
- Oversee, production and cook associates to ensure proper food handling, cooking and portioning of product.
- Maintenance of inventory and inventory controls.
- Maintain and enforce high sanitation standards in food storage, handling and cooking areas.
- Train all staff on Allergy Awareness and safe practices
- Promote positive relations with the college community
- Know your guests – Interact with students and guests to know their likes, dislikes and obtain feedback. Take action based on information obtained from students and guests.
- Monitor and continually improve speed of service, ease of ordering and overall guest experience.
- Execute promotions to involve students and get them excited about the brand.
- Use and maintain point of sale system
- Complete daily sales reports
- Develop financial forecasts for each period
- Set food and labor cost goals for the unit. Achieve cost goals as planned in the budget.
- Set revenue goals and a plan to meet these goals
- Maintain a safe and healthy environment for guests and associates.
- Comply with all applicable Davidson College and Dining Service policies
- Maintain the specific Brand standards
- Maintain highest Food safety standards including successful third-party food safety audits
- At least 3 years of Food Service Supervisory experience is required, 5 years is preferred
- At least 3 years of Food Service experience is required, 5 years is preferred
Candidates are asked to submit a resume and a cover letter with the online application to https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend