Davidson College is requiring new employees hired into jobs posted after August 1, 2021, and all employees with a start date on or later than September 1, 2021, to be vaccinated to help protect the health and safety of our community. New employees will be required to submit proof of at least the first dose of a vaccine on or before their start date and proof of full vaccination no later than 5 weeks after their start date. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
The position provides a variety of functions in support of the Physical Education, Campus Recreation, and Wellness Department and the Department of Athletics including but not limited to administrative, clerical, and accounting duties.
Must be detail-oriented and familiar with running reports and consolidating results. Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Background in physical education, campus recreation, or employee wellness programming is helpful. Experience with registration software (or equivalent) is also helpful.
This individual serves as the face of a department that has four components: Physical Education, Campus Recreation, Wellness, and the Lake Campus.
- Supports a robust Physical Education curriculum by:
- Maintaining computer and office files to generate information regarding physical education course offerings, course descriptions, and instructors.
- Overseeing registration for student physical education classes.
- Providing rosters for instructors and recording grades upon completion of classes.
- Collecting and recording fees for courses and equipment.
- Tracking add/drop activity of classes to maintain full classes through waiting lists.
- Assists in the administration of wellness programs and activities designed to improve employee health and well-being. Recommends changes and/or additions to programs that reflect the changing needs of the employees. Responsibilities include:
- Serving as a permanent member of Wellness Committee
- Overseeing registration for employee exercise classes, including the collection of course and equipment fees
- Assisting in the planning and coordination of employee wellness events such as guest speakers, lunch and learn series, etc.
- Supports the Davidson College Lake Campus in a variety of ways, including:
- Coordination of boat slip rentals, including invoicing and collection of payment.
- Responsible for the coordination of seasonal alumni passes. This includes invoicing and collection of payment.
- Assisting with group reservation requests. This may include site visits, coordinating with external vendors, ensuring proof of insurance has been submitted, collection of payment, etc.
- Serves as point-of-contact for the parents of campers enrolled in Davidson College Day Camp at the Lake. Answers questions regarding payment, medical forms, scheduling, etc. Also serves as a liaison between Camp Director and parents when additional information is required.
- Support planning and implementation of special events, specifically The Freshmen Cake Race.
High school diploma or GED; At least three years of relevant work experience required.
Prefer an Associate's degree, or a vocational or technical school degree.
Other Knowledge, Skills, Training: Intermediate-level experience with Microsoft Office, Google Drive, as well as strong written and verbal communication skills. Background in physical education, campus recreation, or employee wellness programming is helpful. Experience with registration software (or equivalent) is also helpful.
Apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu Attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.