Davidson College is requiring new employees hired into jobs posted after August 1, 2021 to be vaccinated to help protect the health and safety of our community. New employees are required to submit proof of at least the first dose of a vaccine on or before their start date and proof of full vaccination no later than 5 weeks after their start date. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
The Hurt Hub@Davidson is hiring two Winter Break Interns. During this internship, you will work to support Hurt Hub@Davidson staff with hospitality and event logistics for the community. Interns will primarily work with the Community Manager. In addition, interns will work on various tasks and support for the programs housed in the Hurt Hub@Davidson. This position requires flexibility in planning and in work hours during evenings and possibly weekends.
The Hurt Hub@Davidson convenes innovators and entrepreneurs in the Davidson College community and the Lake Norman region to catalyze innovative solutions to critical problems through educational programming, experiential learning in a safe environment, an inclusive co-working space, uncompromising ethics, a robust mentor network, and access to startup capital.
Our Vision: We facilitate access and exposure to innovation and entrepreneurship for all Davidson students, alumni, faculty, Hurt Hub co-workers, and community members.
Our Values: We believe innovation is born out of Freedom, Integrity, and Inclusion.
- Freedom to take risks. Freedom to fail and to succeed.
- Integrity is our expectation.
- Inclusion is the foundation of everything we do.
Number of Positions Available: 2 positions available
Hiring Timeline: Position open until filled. Full consideration is given to applications received before December 3, 2021.
Pay Rate: $14/hour
Expected Time Commitment:
- 5 weeks (December 13, 2021 - January 14, 2022)
- 20 hours per week
- Hours must be worked at an agreed-upon schedule, during business hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., evening hours between 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., and on weekends as needed.
- Engage with and assist coworking members, prospective members, and walk-in guests.
- Be ready to provide tours of the space and answer questions about the coworking concept and coworking memberships.
- Act as a liaison between members and Community Manager, ensuring that any questions or requests are addressed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the planning and execution of meetings and events including setup and breakdown.
- Provide support to members; be willing to assist with their entrepreneurial tasks and projects.
- Other administrative tasks, relating to managing the space, amenities and memberships.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of public areas.
- Update and maintain member wall profiles as new members join.
- Punctuality is expected and timely communication with the Community Manager is required if a change in work hours is needed.
- Additional duties as needed and agreed upon with the Community Manager or other Hurt Hub@Davidson staff.
A successful Intern enjoys working with a team aligned with the mission of the Hurt Hub@Davidson:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Energetic demeanor, outgoing personality, positive attitude.
- Ability to adjust quickly to change, ability to take direction.
- Strong work ethic, both independently and as a member of a team.
- Willingness to pitch in wherever needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and G-Suite.
- Flexible schedule preferred.
- Subject to normal inside office conditions.
- Frequently required to walk, stand, sit, and use hands.
- Work on a computer requires the ability to use a keyboard.
- Occasionally required to reach with arms, carry/lift up to 20 pounds, stoop, kneel, bend, and crouch.
- NOTE: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
Apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu Attach a resume and cover letter to your application.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.