Job no: 493976
Davidson College is requiring new employees hired into jobs posted after August 1, 2021, and all employees with a start date on or later than September 1, 2021, to be vaccinated to help protect the health and safety of our community. New employees will be required to submit proof of at least the first dose of a vaccine on or before their start date and proof of full vaccination no later than 5 weeks after their start date. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
The Administrative Assistant will support seven senior level positions in College Relations, including the Associate Vice President for Development, Associate Vice President for Campus & Community Relations, Executive Director of Advancement Operations, Executive Director of Engagement, Director of Principal Gifts, Director of Corporate and Foundation Relations, and Special Projects and Development Manager with the day-to-day functioning of the offices which includes a variety of duties associated with the fundraising and engagement work of the college. This role reports directly to the Special Projects and Development Manager.
- Coordinate and manage calendars and travel arrangements.
- Schedule meetings and manage logistics for in-person and teleconferences.
- Manage invoices, expense reports and reimbursements.
- Provide administrative support creating, formatting, and reviewing correspondence, invitations, presentations, and proposals. Includes seasonal mailing coordination and ongoing gift acknowledgments.
- Effectively generate budget reports for all College Relations departments, formatting and distributing reports to appropriate directors for reviewing and adhering to strict deadlines for review.
- Respond to routine donor questions and inquiries via email, phone, mail.
- Coordinate interview schedules and communicate travel and meeting locations with candidates.
- Run various reports from the customer relationship management database on a regular schedule and as requested.
- Produce comprehensive monthly team metrics reports.
- Enter interactions and contact reports.
- Run queries as requested to assist in prospect identification.
- Manage office supplies.
- Manage student employee, if one is working with our department during a given semester.
- Assist with special projects throughout College Relations, as needed.
- As time permits, support the work of other offices within College Relations.
- HS/GED; Minimum of three years of experience with demonstrated advanced computer skills and recent experience with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Must be organized and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Willingness to accept additional assignments and assist other team members as necessary.
- Strong internal and external customer service approach.
- Organizational and planning skills
- Information gathering and information monitoring skills
- Problem and data analysis skills
- Judgment and decision-making ability as it pertains to prioritizing and being able to work
without close supervision
- Initiative and self-motivation
- Understanding of and adherence to confidentiality standards
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Managing and coordinating calendars experience preferred.
- Significant experience using MS Office software
- High degree of comfort with information technology and learning new software
- Experience with customer relationship management software, or ability and interest to learn new software
- Traditional Office Environment
- Occasional evening/weekend work may be required for special events.
To apply for this position please visit the Davidson website at: https://employment.davidson.edu
Don’t feel like your experience aligns perfectly with this job’s qualifications? If you have a strong interest in this work and its subject matter and feel like you could make a significant contribution to it, please apply anyway.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend