Cash-in on a $1500 Sign-On Bonus with Davidson Dining Services Full Time Positions
This limited opportunity starts today by applying
Dining Service Associate - Servers and Dishwashers / Vail Commons
Davidson College Dining Services is now hiring full-time, part-time, and temporary staff for Spring Semester.
A variety of schedules are available including, just evenings, just weekends, etc.
The Dining Service Server provides general support to the serving line in the main college dining hall known as Vail Commons. During the academic year the dining hall operates seven days a week, three meals a day for the students, guests, staff and faculty of the College.
The Dining Service Dishwasher works in the dish room - washes and stores dishes, cooking pans and utensils used during meal service.
Although prior food service experience and knowledge is helpful, it is not an initial job requirement. We will train an employee who is willing to learn, reliable in attendance, interacts well with other people, has good guest service skills, displays consistency with assigned duties and demonstrates a desire to help coworkers and customers.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends. Typical shifts are from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm for full time associates. The dining facility schedules staff according to the needs of the students and various events. Work schedules are not fixed as they rotate from week to week.
The specific duties of this job include:
- Serves food or works dish room during the meal hour. Assists with food preparation and restocking of service areas as needed.
- Prepares assigned work area for meal service.
- Cleans the dining facility which includes sweeping, mopping, taking trash to dumpster and cleaning restrooms.
- Other duties may be assigned and employees may serve at catered events from time to time.
Pay rate - $15.50 per hour
Full Time Benefits include –
- Meals provided during your work shift
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Cancer insurance available
- Shift differential for evening and weekend hours
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid sick and vacation days
- 11 paid Holidays
- Closed for most major holidays, allowing team members to have time with family and friends.
- Access to Campus facilities – fitness center, Lake Campus, Free home game sports tickets
- Discounts at many local business
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.