Building Svc Worker
Job no: 493993
Department: Physical Plant Building Services
Davidson College is requiring new employees hired into jobs posted after August 1, 2021, and all employees with a start date on or later than September 1, 2021, to be vaccinated to help protect the health and safety of our community. New employees will be required to submit proof of at least the first dose of a vaccine on or before their start date and proof of full vaccination no later than 5 weeks after their start date. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
Perform a variety of custodial and general housekeeping duties involving the care and cleaning of college owned buildings. Perform general housekeeping duties involving the care, cleaning and stocking of supplies and equipment in college buildings to include: offices, dormitory areas, restrooms, classrooms, stairs, balconies, stair landings, lobbies, activity buildings and eating houses, etc.
- Clean, scrub, mop, shampoo and polish floors, walls, windows, woodwork, venetian blinds, fixtures, carpets, entrance mats and other surfaces; sweep and clean walkways; and pick up litter in and around building areas.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, empty trash containers and sanitize such containers to meet college standards and sanitary requirements.
- Operate stripping, waxing, polishing, shampooing and vacuum machines; change attachments and perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Report items requiring service or repair; monitor security of buildings on assigned shifts.
- Pull trash and recycling and place in assigned locations for pick up.
- Assist preparations for set-ups for special events; take down and store equipment as required.
- 1 year or less work experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some housekeeping experience desired but not necessary. Steady work history desired.
- Ability to understand and read written and verbal instructions and follow through. Some knowledge of cleaning equipment and technique desired. Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of customers. .
Indoor and some outdoor environment; exposure to hazardous chemicals and solutions. Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, and reaching. Ability to lift 10-50 lbs. and handle heavy duty cleaning machines. Safety gear may be required for work with chemicals and equipment. Ability to climb multiple stairs, particularly carrying loads is required.
Apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origin.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend