New employees with a start date on or later than March 1, 2022 must be fully vaccinated when they first report to work at Davidson College. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
Dining Service Associate - Servers and Dishwashers / Vail Commons
Davidson College Dining Services is now hiring staff for Fall Semester. Application review and interviews will begin soon and positions will start in the beginning of August.
A variety of positions and schedules are available including full time, part time, temporary, just evenings, just weekends, etc.
The Dining Service Server provides general support to the serving line in the main college dining hall known as Vail Commons. During the academic year the dining hall operates seven days a week, three meals a day for the students, guests, staff, and faculty of the College.
The Dining Service Dishwasher works in the dish room - washes and stores dishes, cooking pans, and utensils used during meal service.
Although prior food service experience and knowledge is helpful, it is not an initial job requirement. We will train an employee who is willing to learn, is reliable in attendance, interacts well with other people, has good guest service skills, displays consistency with assigned duties, and demonstrates a desire to help coworkers and customers.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends. Typical shifts are from 10:00 am – 9:00 pm for full time associates. The dining facility schedules staff according to the needs of the students and various events. Work schedules are not fixed as they rotate from week to week.
The specific duties of this job include:
- Serves food or works dish room during the meal hour. Assists with food preparation and restocking of service areas as needed.
- Prepares assigned work area for meal service.
- Cleans the dining facility which includes sweeping, mopping, taking trash to dumpster and cleaning restrooms.
- Other duties may be assigned and employees may serve at catered events from time to time.
Pay ranges beginning at $15.50 per hour for full time associates.
- Meals provided during your work shift
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Critical Illness insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan
- Paid sick and vacation days
- 11+ paid holidays
- Closed for most major holidays, allowing team members to have time with family and friends
- Access to campus facilities – fitness center, Lake Campus, free home game sports tickets
- Discounts at many local business
- Differential pay of additional $1 if work after 6 pm on weekdays and on weekends
Sign on bonus in 4 installments:
1st payment - $250 with first full pay check
2nd payment - $500 in December 2022
3rd payment - $250 in January 2023
4th payment - $500 on May 2023
If interested, please submit an online application to https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the positions is filled.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. To achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.