Part Time WDAV Administrative Assistant and Receptionist
Job no: 494220
Department: WDAV - General & Administrative
Temporary Part Time Administrative Assistant (WDAV) - Position description
New employees with a start date on or later than March 1, 2022 must be fully vaccinated when they first report to work at Davidson College. Please see the full new hire vaccination policy here.
WDAV Classical Public Radio is seeking a highly motivated, adaptable, quick learner to join our team for a ten-month term beginning September 2022 and ending June 2023. This position will have many opportunities for on-the-job learning of diverse skills such as new software, virtual and in-person events/meeting management, and the ins-and-outs of working collaboratively across departments in Davidson College. The person in this position will work closely with all WDAV departments to ensure excellent day-to-day business functions.
What will you be doing?
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Represent WDAV as the first face visitors see when they walk in the door
- Collaborate effectively and share responsibilities with another WDAV Part Time Administrative Assistant
- Become a digital meeting-and-events expert, running Zoom meetings and helping with meeting organization and structure as needed
- Ensure vendors are paid for services and products provided to WDAV
- Write friendly, professional emails to listeners and others who make online inquiries
- Provide engaging and informative WDAV tours to those who are interested in visiting and learning about the station
- Closely monitor and track WDAV annual operating budget with an organized system of online and paper documentation
- Assist the underwriting team with corporate support functions, including helping schedule the on-air underwriting spots, sending underwriting payments to our Business Services team, and maintaining positive relationships with our underwriters
- Answer telephone calls professionally and courteously
- Establish and grow relationships within WDAV and with other departments by working with teams across campus during events, meetings, and regular business operations
What do you bring?
- We will consider all applicants with at least a high school diploma and at least one year of work experience
- Eager to learn and open to receiving and implementing constructive feedback in order to grow in the position
- Ability to develop confidence over time but not afraid to ask questions
- Demonstrates excellent critical thinking skills
- Extremely self-motivated, takes initiative on things that need to be done, and able to do excellent work with minimal supervision
- Detail-focused, results-motivated, and highly accountable with the ability to handle high pressure last-minute, urgent requests.
- Strong writing, proofreading, and editing skills
Desired Skills & Abilities
- Interested in classical music, the arts, and/or public media
- Innovative problem solver
- Familiarity with Zoom
- Working knowledge of Office 365 – especially Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience in customer service and/or administrative work
- Approximately 20 hours per week. Suggested hours: 9am-2pm (with a lunch break) M-F - hours are flexible within our normal business operating hours.
- This is an IN PERSON position on the campus of Davidson College with no remote work option due to the reception function of the role.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins. This is really important to our team, and we hope it’s important to you as well.
Read more about Davidson College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here:https://www.davidson.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion
If interested in applying, please submit an online application, along with a cover letter and result to https://employment.davidson.edu.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend