Technology Support Fellow
Job no: 494265
Department: T&I - User Success
Technology Support Fellow
Department: Technology & Innovation
Reports To: User Success Manager
The Davidson College Fellows program provides recent, 2021 or 2022 graduates (of any college) an entry-level, one-year or two-year term-limited position in an information technology field. Our purpose is to help you grow your talent and skills, while you help us solve technology problems for the college. This year, we are recruiting for Fellows in technology support. Fellows positions are open to all recent graduates, including Davidson graduates. For more details about the Fellows program, please see https://www.davidson.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources/work-davidson/fellows-program
We are seeking a class of 2021 or 2022 graduate to join our team as a User Success Fellow. T&I’s User Success Team (UST) is a support team responsible for end user support at Davidson College. We have 5 full time staff and a team of 20-30 students and support the technology needs of the campus including but not limited to:
- Operations: Purchasing, receiving, imaging and deploying campus endpoints (desktops, laptops, printers, tablets etc) and maintaining an inventory database.
- User Support: Troubleshooting and supporting the endpoints (in offices, labs and classrooms) described above and the software that runs on them. This includes consultations about replacements that match needs to computer specifications.
- Phone, chat, walk-in, remote and in person support for users
- Classroom support
- Cybersecurity (malware removal, drive encryption, two factor authentication, etc.)
- Laptop Kiosks
- Knowledge Creation and Management - Publish and maintain user guides at support.ti.davidson.edu
- Identify content opportunities
- Craft user-friendly instructions
- Projects - Internal process automation, design and implementation
- User Experience improvements
Our goal is to give the fellow exposure to each major part of our business. This will allow enough time to both contribute to the team’s work while also gaining experience to better understand career directions and goals. During the year, we will spend each quarter focusing on one of the following areas:
- User Support
- Knowledge Creation and Maintenance
- Management (project and personnel)
In each of these focus areas, outcomes include:
- Understanding/learning the service
- Validating documentation for the service
- Mastering the service
- Improving the service
As a Davidson Fellow working on a close-knit team with other technology professionals, you’ll get the support, training and experience you need to grow and be successful in your career. We will provide you with feedback and coaching along the way. We value problem solving, empathy and communication over previous tech experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear, understandable and empathetic manner.
- Excellent communication and listening skills, allowing the UST Fellow to interface comfortably with colleagues and constituents inside and outside of Davidson T&I.
- Project and time management skills, with ability to effectively manage competing priorities.
If interested in applying, please submit an online application along with a resume and cover letter to https://employment.davidson.edu. Review of applications will begin immediately.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend