Davidson College seeks an enthusiastic and innovative Assistant Director of Alumni and Family Engagement for Class Affinity and Reunions.
What are the responsibilities for this position?
The Assistant Director is responsible for
- The engagement strategies associated with Davidson's reunion program
- Strong collaboration with the annual giving team and the events and programming team
- Recruiting, training, and stewarding reunion volunteers (approximately 20) and class secretaries (approximately 80)
- Engagement strategies for lifelong learning, planning, and implementation of these programs
- Soliciting feedback from reunion volunteers and attendees and proposing improvements to reunion engagement strategies
Who should apply?
Candidates with strong communication and interpersonal skills
Candidates who value the importance of equity as an organizational operating principle and are committed to equity and inclusion
Candidates who genuinely value collaboration
Candidates who can successfully work independently on multiple projects at once
Candidates who have these strengths:
- A creative problem-solver
- A natural collaborator
- Strong organizational skills
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant experience
- One or more years of experience. The ideal candidate will have experience in higher education, alumni and/or constituent relations, volunteer management, public relations, event planning, nonprofit administration, and/or related fields.
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently but also collaboratively in a team environment
- Goal-oriented mindset and innovative thinking
- Interpersonal skills and judgement suitable for exercising appropriate discretion and demeanor when dealing with alums, families, friends, and colleagues
- Ability to safeguard confidential information
- Ability to use current computer technology
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to take initiative, manage multiple projects, meet deadlines, and adapt to ever-changing priorities
- Values the importance of equity as an organizational operating principle and is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion
- Evening and weekend work, as needed
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
The College Relations leadership team at Davidson strives to advance the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. In practice, that means doing our part to hire, grow, retain, and reward great employees from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, and abilities. This work is important to our team and we hope it’s important to you as well.
Read more about Davidson College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion here:https://www.davidson.edu/diversity-equity-inclusion
College Relations is committed to salary transparency in the hiring process as a characteristic of an inclusive organization. Our salaries are benchmarked to national liberal arts colleges and regional colleges and universities. The position hiring manager is happy to discuss salary benchmarks at any stage of the interview process. Davidson College also offers numerous other benefits as an employer, including:
4 weeks of vacation in your first year on the job, plus College holidays
A 403(b) retirement plan to which the college contributes at least 8.5% of your salary
Tuition assistance for employees and their dependents, after 7 years of continuous full-time employment.
For additional information, see https://www.davidson.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources for details
Flexible Work Location
The College Relations division has a flexible work location program in line with the College’s telecommuting policy. This position is eligible for partial flexibility in work location, during non-event days, as determined with the position’s manager and reviewed regularly through our performance management processes. Candidates should expect to maintain a residence within commuting distance of the Charlotte metro area. An initial campus orientation period (of several weeks to months) worked from the office may be required. This policy is reviewed periodically.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins