Dining Service Temporary - Vail Commons
Job no: 494290
Department: Dining Services
Dining Service Temporary - Servers and Dishwashers / Vail Commons
Davidson College Dining Services is hiring for Vail Commons, the main dining facility on campus.
A variety of positions and schedules are available.
The Dining Service Server provides general support to the serving line in the main college dining hall known as Vail Commons. During the academic year the dining hall operates seven days a week, three meals a day for the students, guests, staff, and faculty of the College.
The Dining Service Dishwasher works in the dish room - washes and stores dishes, cooking pans, and utensils used during meal service.
Although prior food service experience and knowledge is helpful, it is not an initial job requirement. We will train an employee who is willing to learn, is reliable in attendance, interacts well with other people, has good guest service skills, displays consistency with assigned duties, and demonstrates a desire to help coworkers and customers.
The specific duties of this job include:
- Serves food or works dish room during the meal hour. Assists with food preparation and restocking of service areas as needed.
- Prepares assigned work area for meal service.
- Cleans the dining facility which includes sweeping, mopping, taking trash to dumpster and cleaning restrooms.
- Other duties may be assigned and employees may serve at catered events from time to time.
Pay ranges beginning at $15.50 per hour for temporary associates.
Benefits include –
- Meals provided during your work shift
- Evening and weekend shift differential pay
- Discounts at many local business
- Free home game sporting event tickets
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend