Assistant Director of the Deliberative Citizenship Initiative (DCI)
Job no: 494301
Department: Academic Affairs
The Assistant Director of the Deliberative Citizenship Initiative (DCI) reports to the DCI Faculty Director and is responsible for assisting with the development, implementation, and assessment of the initiative’s programs and components. These include efforts to create opportunities for productive dialogue and deliberation in diverse classroom settings, outside of the classroom, and in the community.
- Assisting with the management of the Deliberation Across the Curriculum Program, Campus Engagement Program, Community Engagement Program, and Deliberation Research and Evaluation Program
- Recruiting, training, and managing the DCI Fellows, who are student employees
- Organizing events and programs to help build a sense of community among those engaged or interested in the DCI. This also includes meetings with the initiatives Co-Conveners and Advisory Council
- Continuing the development of DCI resources and documents, including its Deliberation Guides, Pathways Guides, and facilitator training materials
- Assisting with relevant research projects and assessment efforts
- Working with various constituents across campus, including relevant offices, student organizations and external community organizations
- Maintaining and updating the initiative’s website and social media presence
- Managing the expenses of the initiative and ensuring that they stay within the allocated budget
- Managing other special projects
- Four-year college degree
- Enthusiasm about providing deliberation opportunities for students, faculty, staff, and community members
- Familiarity with the research and literature on dialogue, deliberation, democracy, and higher education
- Experience working with both student and community organizations
- Experience coordinating complex projects with multiple components
- 3+ years of professional experience in a related area
- Familiarity with WordPress and graphic design platforms
- Participation in dialogue and/or deliberation training programs
This is a limited-time, grant-funded 1-year position (with possibility of renewal) that will report to the DCI Faculty Director. However, there may be opportunity for longer-term employment contingent upon additional funding. Candidates with a PhD in a relevant subject area may have the option to offer a course on a topic related to their expertise.
Please visit https://deliberativecitizenship.org/ to learn more about the Deliberative Citizenship Initiative.
To apply, please go to https://employment.davidson.edu and attach a resume and cover letter with the online application.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend