Davidson College Human Resources Department seeks qualified applicants for the position of Associate Director of HR. The person in this full-time position helps create a positive and inclusive work environment and manages staff and day-to-day HR operations in the areas of HR Data Coordination, Benefits, Employment, Student Employment Manager, and Office Management. This position reports to and assists the CHRO with overall management of the HR Department.
Davidson College’s Human Resources department is proud to support a great community of employees who are working to develop our students for lives of leadership and service. We strive to provide responsive services to those who make our college’s achievements possible.
- Manage HR operations, including oversight for payroll and HR data entry, workers compensation, benefits administration, hiring, recruiting and hiring, onboarding, student employment, and the HR office. Manage HR staff in the areas of HR Data Coordination, Benefits, Employment, Student Employment Manager, and Office Management.
- Interpret policy and problem-solve for individual employee issues, customer concerns, and systemic operational issues. Contribute to policy development.
- Implement continuous improvement to ensure HR processes are efficient and serve the needs of the college community.
- Ensure that all HR processes are documented and that at least one member of the HR staff is cross-trained for all critical HR processes overseen by the position.
- Manage projects and support HR functional areas experts in search for vendors and implementation of new vendors and technological solutions.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
As an employer Davidson is committed to offering competitive pay and a very strong benefit package, including 8.5% contribution to a retirement plan after one year (9.5% for those who defer at least 1% from their checks), excellent medical coverage, flexible spending and health savings accounts, dental insurance, vision insurance, fully college-paid life and short-term disability and long-term disability coverage, generous sick leave and four weeks of vacation per year, employee tuition to support professional development, an Employee Assistance Program, 11+ holidays including paid leave between Christmas and New Year's, and a supportive and meaningful work environment.
At Davidson we are committed to hiring, growing, retaining, and rewarding great employees from diverse cultures, ethnicities, races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, national origins, socio-economic backgrounds, and abilities. This is really important to our team, and we hope it’s important to you as well. To learn more about Davidson College’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion click here.
The position of Associate Director of HR requires a Bachelor's Degree, ideally in Business, Human Resources, Industrial Psychology or other related field. Also required are a minimum of 7 years of professional HR experience, at least 5 years of experience in employment and/or benefits, and at least 2 years of supervisory experience.
Preferred qualifications include prior leadership role in an HR team; PHR or SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP or other HR certification; Master's Degree in Business, Human Resources, Psychology or other related field; prior experience with and knowledge of higher education administration processes, practices and systems; experience with HRIS systems conversions; and experience with Oracle Cloud.
Knowledge, skills, and ability needed for the position include:
- Positive attitude, balanced temperament, strong sense of humor, and commitment to working successfully as part of a hard-working and cohesive HR team dedicated to the mission of the organization
- Proven ability to supervise effectively and foster a positive work environment and strong desire to help others improve their performance and achieve their career goals
- Highest degree of integrity and ability to honor confidentiality
- Strong organizational and process management skills and track record of process improvement
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Detailed understanding of HR policies, systems, and processes. Demonstrated understanding of employment law and HR compliance requirements.
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications and ability to learn new computer programs readily. Knowledge of Oracle Cloud would also be helpful.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively both verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization and with external audiences.
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish would be helpful.
If that describes your experience and abilities, please apply online at https://employment.davidson.edu and attach a cover letter and resume.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.