Davidson College Athletics Department seeks applications for a Head Women's Soccer Coach. This is a full-time, 12-month position and includes full college benefits.
The Head Coach for Davidson College Women's Soccer program provides direction and administrative oversight for the program related to successful athletic performance, recruitment and retention of quality student athletes, providing the necessary leadership for a positive competitive environment for student athletes. Responsibilities include all activities associated with the management of a successful NCAA Division I program within the College. In addition the successful coach can expect to take part in College fundraising efforts and service outreach within the local community.
1. Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the College.
2. Facilitate a positive environment for players and coaches.
3. Responsible for the hiring and evaluation of an assistant coach that will provide effective and positive leadership for the program
4. Train and develop student athletes, as well as assistant coaches, in the sport's skills, strategies, techniques and conditioning.
5. Oversee budgets, scheduling, inventory, travel logistics, strength and conditioning, fundraising, and community service and engagement projects.
6. Manage the planning of practice sessions and developing game plans for competition.
7. Recruit qualified Prospective Student Athletes (PSA), e.g., through evaluation and identification of prospective student athletes; by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA's and families; and cultivation of relationships with high school and two-year coaches.
8. Monitor the academic progress and success of team members and helping with academic related forms and processes.
9. Abide by all NCAA, Atlantic 10 Conference and Davidson College rules, policies and procedures with an understanding that failure to do so may lead to sanctions up to and including termination.
10. Promptly report any suspected violation (including possible violations committed personally or by any other member of the athletics department staff, compliance related offices and staff, student athletes, or boosters) of NCAA, A-10 and/or Davidson Athletics rules to the Assistant AD for Compliance/SWA, Faculty Athletics Representative (FAR) or Director of Athletics.
11. Actively participate in the education and enforcement of NCAA Rules within the sport community.
12. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
13. Represent the program and Davidson College with sportsmanship, integrity, and professionalism.
EDUCATION, WORK EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Master's degree from accredited institution preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
2. Minimum 5 years of successful, collegiate coaching experience. Collegiate Head Coaching experience is preferred.
3. Demonstrated ability to recruit academically successful student-athletes.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Valid driver's license.
6. Strong knowledge of NCAA Division I rules and regulations preferred.
Information about how to submit a cover letter and application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.