The Alvarez College Union has an opening for our Operations Fellow. The College Union seeks to advance community on campus by engaging students, faculty, staff, and guests of Davidson College through creative, inclusive, and educational spaces, services, and programs. Be a part of our team next year!
This position provides the College Union Fellow with an opportunity to work closely with student employees, to refine teaching and communication skills, and to partner with staff across the division of Student Life to improve the Davidson College student experience. This is a regular, full-time, one-year appointment with the opportunity to renew for a second year. This position is salaried and paid by direct deposit to the financial institution of the applicant's choice. Fellow positions are open to all recent graduates, including Davidson graduates. For more details about the Fellows program, please see https://www.davidson.edu/offices-and-services/human-resources/work-davidson/fellows-program
Do you like being in the center of student life on campus? Do you like a job where you don’t sit at a desk all day long, but get to work with talented, motivated, and engaged students? This is an opportunity to lead a team of students, to practice building trust as a foundational quality of work life, and to prepare yourself for leadership beyond Davidson College.
The College Union Operations Fellow position is a 12 month position that starts July 1, 2023. Hours vary throughout the year for Monday through Friday. There is also a requirement to work some weekday evenings and weekends in support of events and student employees. This is a one year appointment with an opportunity for a second year renewal.
In this role you will join a dynamic team of staff who include Operations, Tech Services, Student Activities, and Davidson Outdoors. You will work closely with the Assistant Director for Operations of the College Union in the following ways:
- Primary responsibility of managing all areas of the ticket office including:
- Setting up ticketing for events in the Etix Online software for shows in the Duke Family Performance Hall, Tyler Tallman Hall, and the Barber Theatre. Occasionally setting up ticketing for events beyond those venues.
- Hiring, training, and supervising ticket office staff responsible for sales, will call, customer service, Monday through Friday in the ticket office and at the performance on the night of shows including evenings and weekends.
- Reporting of ticket sales and maintaining records and management of finances for each show including but not limited to contractual commitments, credit card sales, and Etix online sales.
- Providing on site supervision at major shows during the summer, and frequently during holidays.
- Provide support for 900 Room bar staff and ensure that service is compliant with local laws, in keeping with terms of the 900 Room’s license to sell beer and wine.
- Work closely with the Assistant Director to provide on call weekend support to the College Union student building managers.
- Augment technical services team during peak periods to assist with technical requests in the building meeting rooms specifically focusing on classroom type support.
- Support the Assistant Director with oversight of the Information Desk.
We are looking for someone who is good at learning new skills, a team player, detail oriented, and excited about serving Davidson College in a very profound and meaningful way.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.