Building Service Worker
Job no: 494456
Department: Physical Plant Building Services
Perform a variety of custodial and general housekeeping duties involving the care and cleaning of college owned buildings. Perform general housekeeping duties involving the care, cleaning, and stocking of supplies and equipment in college buildings to include: offices, dormitory areas, restrooms, classrooms, stairs, balconies, stair landings, lobbies, activity buildings, and eating houses, etc.
- Clean, scrub, mop, shampoo, and polish floors, walls, windows, woodwork, venetian blinds, fixtures, carpets, entrance mats, and other surfaces; sweep and clean walkways; and pick up litter in and around building areas.
- Clean and disinfect restrooms, empty trash containers and sanitize such containers to meet college standards and sanitary requirements.
- Operate stripping, waxing, polishing, shampooing, and vacuum machines; change attachments and perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Report items requiring service or repair; monitor security of buildings on assigned shifts.
- Pull trash and recycling and place in assigned locations for pick up.
- Assist preparations for set-ups for special events; take down and store equipment as required.
- 1 year or less work experience.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Some housekeeping experience desired but not necessary. Steady work history desired.
- Ability to understand and read written and verbal instructions and follow through. Some knowledge of cleaning equipment and technique desired. Ability to interact positively with a wide variety of customers.
Indoor and some outdoor environment; exposure to hazardous chemicals and solutions. Standing, walking, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, bending, and reaching. Ability to lift 10-50 lbs. and handle heavy duty cleaning machines. Safety gear may be required for work with chemicals and equipment. Ability to climb multiple stairs, particularly carrying loads is required. Essential staff required to worker during inclement weather.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend