Cook II Temporary Worker
Job no: 494496
Department: Dining Services
Davidson Dining Services is looking for an experienced temporary Cook II to work in Davis Cafe. Cook II is Responsible for preparing food according to Davidson College standards in a fast paced, busy and excellence focused dining location. As a Cook II on our team, you’ll help bring recipes to life. Cook II will accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner and Special/Catered Events.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a fast-paced kitchen able to produce hot and cold food; Knowledge of safe food handling practices and ensure compliance of state health guidelines.
- Food handler certified or ability to get certified in 30 days.
- Vocational or technical training in Culinary Arts preferred.
- HS diploma/GED in Cook I preferred.
- Prepare assigned dishes or portion of meal according to established procedures and standardized recipes; Responsible for cooked leftover food to be utilized, stored.
- Perform clean-up of kitchen which includes sweeping, mopping, and taking trash to dumpster. Assist with proper storage of foods according to health code policy. Adhere to all unit standards to including food production and equipment maintenance and cleaning.
- Sanitation: maintains sanitation standards, ensures proper product rotation, proper labeling and monitors staff members in compliance with all NC Department of Environmental Health Codes and Davidson College and hospitality standards at all times.
- Assists with food set-up for daily and catered events. The Cook II position will also assist in production to other areas on campus such as Catering, Qdoba, The Davis Café, and the Wildcat Den based on business needs.
- Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor.
- Pulling / Pushing
- Repetitive Movement
- Darkness / Poor Lighting
- Electrical Hazards
- Fire Hazards
- Indoor Temperature Extremes
- Confined Spaces
- Dust / Fumes
Lifting Required: 50 pounds
Travel Required: Less than 5%
Night and Weekend Work Required: Yes
- Tiered shift differential pays for evenings and weekends.
- Meals are included during the employee’s normal work hours.
Information about how to submit an application can be found at https://employment.davidson.edu.
At Davidson College, we believe the college grows stronger by recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty and staff committed to building an inclusive community. In order to achieve and sustain educational excellence, we seek to hire talented faculty and staff across the intersections of diverse races, ethnicities, religions and worldviews, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, socio-economic backgrounds, political perspectives, abilities, veteran status, cultures, and national origins.
Advertised: Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend